Thread: Your Top 3 Favourite Wrestlers?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your Top 3 Favourite Wrestlers?

Yes, I'm aware it's perhaps the most generic question you could ask a wrestling fan, but I'm legitimately interested in sharing and learning about who and why we love the certain wrestlers we do.

3. Rob Van Dam

Something you're gonna notice that all my top 3 have in common is versatility in wrestling style. It's a big reason that whilst not on the list, I'm a huge Apollo Crews mark for his prowess in both agility and strength. And RVD absolutely deserves to be known as one of a kind. A unique set of athleticism that made him stand out from the rest of the crowd whilst still being well versed in the fundamentals, coupled with a super-likeable personality and pretty underrated mic skills, in his own unique way. RVD has carved his own unique niche that no-one has been able to match (don't make me laugh with the Riddle comparisons, that's not so much apples and oranges as apples and Guatemalan insanity peppers) and yet has stayed forever likeable. And he can do the amazing shit he does whilst baked is the icing on top.

2. Kurt Angle

Kurt Angle is the best in-ring performer of all-time for me. Now, there are plenty of greats like Michaels, Hart, Bryan, Austin etc who are no doubt spectacular in the ring, but they once again lack the diversity of offence Angle possess. Austin would never moonsault, let alone off a cage even before his neck injury, and you wouldn't see HBK throwing men like Big Show around like a ragdoll. Angle could do it all, and make it look easy. The Wrestling Machine was the perfect nickname for him, because that's exactly what he was, a well-oiled machine that despite setbacks that would have crippled most others, kept performing to an immense standard until the very tail end of his career. Add to that a great charismatic range from goofball to badass to authority figure to comedian, and he's one of the absolute greats, and the king of in-ring prowess.

1. The Undertaker

I never wanted Taker to retire. He was the constant, he was always there. From the Golden Era, through the New Generation, the Attitude Era, Ruthless Aggression, PG AND the Network era. And through all six, he was a top star. Nobody else, at least in mainstream American wrestling, can hold that level of consistency. He had a gimmick that resonated and evolved, and transcended wrestling. He had an aura that was never before catched and despite plenty of attempts to recreate, was never captured fully by anyone else again (Kane came the closest). He was perhaps the best big man worker of all-time. Whether he was working with the best or the worst talent the WWE had to offer, he was always there, and always turning heads. Yeah, Hogan, Austin and Cena are undoubtedly the bigger stars in the grand scheme of wrestling, but Taker was the guy who worked with all three, and countless other legends across his career, right up to his final match with AJ Styles. As sad as I was when he retired, the man earned his rest for the years of commitment he gave to the business. Thank you, Taker.

Honorable mentions to Fit Finlay and Shark Boy. I'm not joking.
    Last edited by Fallout; 02-27-2021 at 05:44 AM.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rey Mysterio, Randy Savage and Kurt Angle at time of posting. All three have a body of work that I rate as highly as anybody else in the business. They could work with any dud they were given.

Might be different tomorrow.

3. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    1 - Daniel Bryan - Not the biggest or most charismatic but the hardest worker and a genuinely awesome person.

2 - Chris Jericho - The king of reinventing himself. How many wrestlers are still doing the same thing they were 10 years ago?

3 - The Rock - "The most electrifying man in sports entertainment"

Honorable mentions - Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Edge, Stone Cold

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Damn, this is not easy. I'm assuming this refers to all time. If it was current the list would be different. Ironically this list is in chronological order.

3. Hulk Hogan. I was born in 1985. I grew up a Hulkamaniac. What else is there to say?

2. Lance Storm. I was enamored with his technical style and serious tone. Plus he was incredibly engaging with his fanbase through his website (this is long before social media).

1. Zack Ryder. I went to school with him, we had mutual friends, and we have remained in contact thanks to Facebook since 2005. Plus he was the first person to use social media to get themselves over even if the office refused to do it. When The Rock came back after his first match they were chanting for Zack Ryder, not The Rock. That says something.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

6. Likes Fallout, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Kurt Angle- He is the greatest to ever do it. He was the definition of the complete package. Its a shame he left the WWE in 06.

The Rock- Childhood favourite. Entertaining as hell. Probably part of the reason I consider myself witty. Plus the guy lost to Al Snow and the Hurricane and it didn't hurt him in the slightest. As I got older and continued to watch The Rock i began to notice the influences from other wrestlers (Ric Flair) and it gave me a new found (probably long overdue) respect for those guys

3- This one has been interchangeable for me and continues to be. I realise the irony behind that when the list is of all time. I'm pretty sure last time I answered this it was either Aj or Lesnar who I said. This time I'm going with none other than Stone Cold Steve Austin. I've watched the whole if the AE whilst I've been working from home and, obviously, Austin was entertaining.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Changes from time to time...

3. Brock Lesnar - Absolute savage. Maybe the best heel of the 21st century. Just a wrecking machine and gets away with it because he's legitimate. His second run was so much better than his first.

2. Bret Hart - Best in-ring wrestler of the 90's and his '97 heel run was so much fun. The guy made everyone he faced look like a million bucks, including...

1. Steve Austin - Most entertaining face of the company ever. Much better in-ring wrestler before Owen dropped him on his head. I jthink he's the greatest of all time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    1. Shawn Michaels - In my opinion the greatest performer of all time, an unbelievable body of matches and could probably get a good match out of me

2. Austin - Had everything, persona, promos, could work, huge draw, biggest helping hand in saving the company, one of the most popular superstars of all time.

3. Taker - Probably the best career of all time, longevity, great matches and the best character ever.

Thread Information