Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Wight Announces "Hall of Fame Worthy" AEW Signing

Paul Wight Announces "Hall of Fame Worthy" AEW Signing

My fellow SteelCageForum users, we may be in for the most epic experience of our entire lives. Either that, or this will be a Rick-Roll to end all Rick-Rolls.

Are you as excited as I am!? Probably, because I'm honestly not expecting much. Expect the worst, hope for the best and such.

BUT WAIT! What if...certain seemingly "impossible" names actually did show up? We've all been wrong before, so allow me to be hilariously wrong with whom I hope will be showing up.

Please tear me apart if I out myself as a blubbering buffoon.

Wouldn't it be like stabbing Vince in his abdomen with the Spear of Longinus if, when it looked like Sting was about to deliver the death drop to Brian Cage, the lights went out.

The deafening silence is broken by the sound of a motorcycle revving hard, and the telltale sound of a gong. Tony exclaims "IT'S MEAN MARK!" to which Jim shouts "NO IT ISN'T! IT'S HIM! IT'S THE UNDERTAKER!"

The beam of a motorcycle's high beam headlight shines through the darkness as The Undertaker rides a motorcycle with a posse of masked bikers wearing the Aces and Eights gear. They surround the ring as the lights come back, revving their bikes loudly as Sting and Darby Allin cautiously huddle together in the center of the ring. Team Taz tries to leave nonchalantly, but all except for Brian Cage are stopped and beaten down by Aces and Eights. Brian is presented with his "colors" and dons them proudly.

Undertaker enters the ring, and is confronted by Darby. Undertaker quickly chokeslams Darby, and had a staredown with Sting. Sting doesn't flinch.

Undertaker is handed a mic, and says "After thirty long years, I finally caught up to Ric Flair's boy. While I've been carrying this entire damn business on my back, you've been stealing paychecks working for anyone that was too chicken-shit to hire me!"

Sting grabs the mic from Undertaker and laughs to himself before saying "You would still be a bike riding jobber if you weren't sucking up to Hogan! I see that only a few things have changed! "

The Undertaker throws a punch at Sting, which is ducked. Sting grabs Undertaker to set up a death drop, and Aces and Eights rush the ring.

Sting is able to roll out of the ring where Cody and Jon Moxley meet him to fend off any potential attacks from Aces and Eights.

A 6-man tag is scheduled for Double or Nothing. Sting, Cody, and Jon vs Undertaker, Bully Ray, and Brian Cage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Can't believe I just read all of that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I didn't. I'm sure it was worth reading but I can only digest a paragraph.

Is it Christian? Man, AEW is becoming an old boys club in record time.

4. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They have a few too many WWE guys, but you have to look at how they're being used.

Sting is mostly putting over Darby. Big Show is a commentator for a Youtube show. Matt Hardy and Dustin Rhodes haven't won anything significant. Miro is in a mid card tag team with Kip Sabian. Jake Hager is the muscle for a faction and rarely wrestles.

When I think of this, the names that sprung to mind included John Cena and CM Punk.

I think Punk is a possibility, in spite of how many times he's put AEW down. If it turned out to be Cena, Vince would probably keel over dead as he'd see that as a betrayal too massive to even contemplate.

If it's Batista, I don't give a crap and most of the other stars who're big enough to live up to the hype are closely associated with WWE. Taker is probably under some sort of deal and even if he wasn't, I don't think he'd go to AEW as he'd consider that betraying Vince.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EnviousDominous View Post
    Either that, or this will be a Rick-Roll to end all Rick-Rolls.
    If Rick Ashley doesn't show up I'll be pissed....
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well Hall Of Fame Worthy implies the person is not in a Hall Of Fame at the moment but has had a great career. That could imply a few people. Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, Batista, John Cena, CM Punk, Christian etc. It could also be Hall Of Famers that aren't currently in WWE/under contract Bully Ray, Kurt Angle etc.

Cena and Batista I believe are focusing on their film careers, so they seem unlikely. Punk is a wildcard because he does whatever he wants. He doesn't seem particularly interested in getting in a ring. That doesn't mean he wouldn't come back for some matches/be a manager. Christian just came back at the Rumble and said he wants to have another tag run with Edge. Christian may not have a lot of pull in WWE, but Edge does and he seems keen for a tag run as well. So again that seems unlikely. Bully Ray hasn't really done anything since ROH but still seems to be in good shape and can still cut great promos. Kurt Angle as much as I like the guy can't really go nearly as well as he used to. Although he can still cut better promos than most people so he might become a manager. And Undertaker seems extremely unlikely. I feel Vince would sacrifice one of his grandchildren to keep Taker happy so that would be extremely unlikely. And Tony Khan would have to take several garbage trucks full of money up to Lesnar's place for him to consider going to AEW. Top that with AEW fans seem to dislike Lesnar for being a businessman and Lesnar signing seems unlikely

Honestly I feel it'll either be Punk, Angle or Bully Ray in terms of likelihood. Christian at a push. It's also possible it's someone who we haven't thought of. RVD, Raven, Sabu, Austin Aries, somebody from Japan maybe. Heck they could bring in Nick Aldis for a NWA crossover. They could even be bringing in some women to help their division. Lita, Victoria, Trish Stratus maybe. Either way it'll be interesting to watch.

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It could be a low level guy and their gimmick is that they're going to be a future hall of famer.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Doesn’t bring much more to the table than Matt Hardy really. His first couple of months should be fun at least.

Thread Information