Thread: 3! 2! 1! *sizzle* *pop*

3! 2! 1! *sizzle* *pop*

I uhh, umm. Sometimes...the thing is...I...I want to...you know...things and...other things.

Do you ever feel a sneeze coming on that you know is going to be so epic that you seek privacy in preparation for the inevitable "AHCHOO!!" that will thunderously erupt from your head, and then it just fades into nothing and you get a runny nose anyway?

Give me a break here, I feel like I'm reacting to Tony Khan shitting his pants in church and everyone is more annoyed with me for being shocked by it. Not only that, but as I sit next to Tony, smelling his rancid feces, he's trying to save face by telling me how shitting his pants in church is part of some plot by the ghost of Levi Strauss to falsely advertise that if you shit your Levis then your shit will be teleported to another dimension. All I'm trying to do is respectfully worship Baphomet, and I have to deal with that swill.

In a nutsell, Tony fucked up. It was his show, it was his underwhelming reveal that he had signed "Nobody gives a flying fuck" as his mystery future Hall of Famer signing, and he could have given us closure by delivering on a promise to blow up Jon Moxley in front of our very eyes.

AEW gave us...*poof*. Jon Moxley was understandably irate that he wasn't lying in a puddle of scattered human remains, that would literally be the only way he could free himself from this fucking stupid and pointless "Impact vs AEW" angle. So...Tony decided to turn this negative into a...who really fucking knows...by indicating that we should all blame Kenny Omega.

Really? So...Kenny deliberately screwed the AEW fanbase out of their just closure for a seriously fucking stupid PPV up until that point? Oh no, what happened was Kenny THOUGHT he was setting up enough explosive to scatter pieces of Jon Moxley all over the ring and into the laps of the fans in attendance, but in his stupidity he only purchased the required equipment to introduce WCW's version of The Ultimate Warrior and thought that it would be enough to get the job done.

I get it, Tony is trying to save face. He sold Revolution mostly on the massive tease of seeing The Undertaker or Brock Lesnar potentially debuting, and somewhat on the idea that we were going to watch Sting tear it up once more like we remember him doing 25 years ago. Both selling points failed tragically for anyone who paid $50, and hilariously for anyone named Vince McMahon. The ONE thing we fans knew that wasn't going to fail was this massive showdown between Jon Moxley and Kenny Omega. There was no nuance to it, we were going to see a motherfucking EXPLOSION.

And now Tony is pointing the finger at Kenny Omega shouting "There's the man who shit his pants! My pants only have poo in them because I put them on after Kenny Omega shit in them! Boo!"

Are you as gutted as I am by what transpired last night? Let's find courage in tales of each other's misery.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    AEW is 2008 TNA. Plenty of good stuff but the bad is real bad.

If it was all Omega's fault it should have ended with a literal fart noise.

3. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Definitely let down. They made a lot of noise and I'm sorry but Christian doesn't really cut it.

I'll be honest, when Christian returned at the Rumble I didn't even realise it was a return from injury forced retirement. I just assumed he'd come back from a case of 'Sorry kid we have nothing for ya. Does that say more about me as a fan than Christian as a wrestler? Maybe. It doesn't detract from the fact that Christian isn't delivering on the hype gained. When you debut a star and he announce another debuting star you expect an increase in stardom.

AEW also passed up on another golden opportunity. They had peoples attention and they didn't capitalise on it. I went into this show with my mindset been that if the debut doesn't deliver at least I'll get to see some world class wrestling which I did but it was nothing different from WWE. Then they top it all off with a barb wire explosive match. Now excuse me for been gullible but if that's what you advertise then I wanna see some shit blow up. If you can't have shit blowing up (which is understandable if they cant) then just don't advertise the show blowing up. It was a pointless addition that serves to make AEW look foolish.

I will say I did like a line of commentary I heard that said some team had won 9 matches in a row. That was a nice touch.

I wonder what Dave Meltzer has to say about the Barb Wire Clexplosion match.

Aew had a chance to grab and hold my attention on Sunday and failed.

I will watch them again but it's going to take something big to draw me back.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Christian returning at the Rumble was a cool moment, especially given that was Edge's match. Maybe they could have kept around in WWE and had a feud with Edge if he could still work after Mania.

But working full-time in AEW, I'm totally indifferent too. This isn't 2006 Christian Cage who had a hell of a run in TNA, and I wouldn't even put him on the same tier of stardom as RVD or Big Show either. Would have been far more effective with no hype, instead of the intense overhype they went for.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How long until Tony Khan is dubbed Tony Carter?

Underwhelming announcements, an increasing number of multi man matches on PPV that lead to a title shot on TV (which they won't win). There are probably more similarities but I'm currently eating my tea and can't think.

Thread Information