Thread: Kane and The Great Khali To Be Inducted To The Hall of Fame

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kane and The Great Khali To Be Inducted To The Hall of Fame

Kane is a no-brainer, but Khali is an interesting choice that I could go either way on, given that some other people more deserving than him have yet to be inducted.

On the one hand, yeah Khali was pretty foul in the ring and his promo skills were non-existent. On the other, he made a pretty big impact in his first few years with the company, had a solid spot for over half a decade afterwards as a comedy act, and is a pretty big deal in India. So I dunno, there are better and worse people to induct than Khali, and probably lesser people already in.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Kane is a guy that I'm surprised it took so long, although I think they were waiting for Taker to retire and break character so he can induct him (there is zero other people to do it and if it isn't him I'd be kinda pissed).

The same can be said for Great Khali. He was a lumbering fool in terms of technical ability (he's 7'4 he's not supposed to do sunset flips and swantons), but he was a world champion and legit superstar. He is also someone who WWE has tried to replace ever since he retired, and have been unable to do so. WWE is currently on TV in India because of him. I fail to see any way you can say he doesn't belong.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Kane has had so much respect from the wrestling world, I think he should have been allowed to wait for a larger audience.

Khali was a slouch in his later years, but he was pretty limber when he wrestled in CMLL and NJPW.

Very happy for both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Kane is a no-brainer. Khali is fine. He was world champion and huge in India.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good for both guys.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

We've all either had or seen other have the he/she "deserves" induction into the HOF but I don't think there can be any question when it comes to Kane. Aside from a plethora of titles in WWE, a total of 19 in all, Kane was a central figure during the Attitude Era. He'll always be connected to the Undertaker, understandably, and always in Taker's shadow to a large degree but the man had a helluva career in WWE. One of the last great big men to come along in the last 30 years.

As for Khali...eh...well, I have a feeling this has more to do with a business decision. WWE shows are drawing well in India and Khali is a pretty big star there, so WWE is always open to anything that they think will only serve as to increase their audience there. Khali is among the worst workers in WWE history but, like him or not, unskilled or not, the man's size alone made him memorable.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bryan to induct Kane. Can't wait to try and make out Khali's acceptance speech.

Thread Information