All my favourites teams come from originally playing video games of the sport (except MLB) and just liking a player and sticking to that team.

Lakers were the first American team to enter my heart. NBA live 06 was my first or second basketball game (NBA ham being the other) and Kobe Bryant would always be my first pick in fantasy draft so I just decided to like the Lakers. Weird stage as well. After Shaq but before Pau, hard times.

Philly Eagles came about because I use to play NFL street and Donovan McNabb was my boy. I never really watched NFL (consistently) until about 4-5 years ago so my knowledge on what was actually going on was limited. Have watched every game since 2012 pretty much but I haven’t been as excited for a player than I am for Wentz when I see him on there since McNabb so I’m really into it at the moment. Also the Eagles are the name of my favourite team in the AFL (Aussie rules) so it kind of goes hand in hand.

Arizona Diamondbacks. Yeah no real story to this, started watching a few years ago and didn’t really have a team for the first year. I decided to pick D-backs because they could score but weren’t a good team but still had a decent player (Goldy). I’m not as into one side in the MLB because I still really like the Athletics, Cubs, Cards and Mariners but Arizona are definitely the team I support when it comes down to it.

Manchester United, back when Pro Evolution Soccer was good, the United team was stacked on there, being 8 it 9 at the time, you like being the best so having Rooney, Ronaldo and Owens all up in one attack was sexy. Ronaldo is still my favourite player to this day but I stuck to the Red Devils because my brother liked Chelsea and mate liked Arsenal, so I had to stay in the prem league.

10 year old me seemed like a huge glory hunter (though how else do you like a foreign sport I suppose), but I’ve stuck through the good to the bad to the good coming back again so that’s all that matters.