Thread: I'm Surprised Nobody Is Talking About Rebellion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm Surprised Nobody Is Talking About Rebellion

I mean I haven't watched it yet but I read the results. It seemed like a really good show and the fact Kenny Omega won the Impact World Title I think would have got some people talking.

I know a lot of people think Impact is a joke. But honestly the fact its still going ever since the disaster of the mid 2010s shows its versatility. Also the fact that a lot of the roster in WWE/AEW went through their ranks at one point also shows how good they are at picking talent. They're also the company that takes chances on certain things like the cinematic matches. And the fact their comedy segments don't feel forced or try hard is a point in their favour.

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People aren't talking about it because it is nearly impossible to find. It's now on Axs TV or something (after being on like 5 different channels in a 3 year span). But a lot of providers don't carry that channel. I watch it on Twitch when I do watch it. And as Matt Cardona's on it I try to at least watch his stuff.

Unfortunately the other issue is not wanting to watch more wrestling after watching 9 hours of wrestling a week from WWE and AEW (10 if you include NXTUK). Especially a product like Impact, which feels minor league compared to the others.

I'll be honest, I first tried to watch Impact because of both Cardona coming in and Kenny Omega being there. The Kenny Omega stuff is stupid because he came is and they immediately told us he is far and away better than everyone else, then he just won their title without so much as ever giving up the upper hand in the buildup. This confirmed the feeling that this co-promoting was a bad idea as there's no one in Impact that is built anywhere close to Omega, and as such I don't see what Impact will get out of it.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    People aren't talking about it because it is nearly impossible to find. It's now on Axs TV or something (after being on like 5 different channels in a 3 year span). But a lot of providers don't carry that channel. I watch it on Twitch when I do watch it. And as Matt Cardona's on it I try to at least watch his stuff.

Unfortunately the other issue is not wanting to watch more wrestling after watching 9 hours of wrestling a week from WWE and AEW (10 if you include NXTUK). Especially a product like Impact, which feels minor league compared to the others.

I'll be honest, I first tried to watch Impact because of both Cardona coming in and Kenny Omega being there. The Kenny Omega stuff is stupid because he came is and they immediately told us he is far and away better than everyone else, then he just won their title without so much as ever giving up the upper hand in the buildup. This confirmed the feeling that this co-promoting was a bad idea as there's no one in Impact that is built anywhere close to Omega, and as such I don't see what Impact will get out of it.
    I've just been watching it on their website to be honest. It's like their version of the WWE network. You can watch the weekly episodes for free. Only have to pay to be able to watch the PPVs.

Them saying Omega is better than everyone feels both like a putdown of the company and a storytelling tactic. It doesn't help that he was up against Rich Swann. I like Swann but he was by far the worst choice to go up against Omega. He was giving me Chris Sabin/CM Punk 2008 world champion vibes. Nobody else treats them seriously, why should I. I feel Eddie Edwards would have been a better opponent if the plan was to have Omega win. Edwards has more intensity than Swann. If the plan is to have Moose win in the end its all good though.

My favourite stuff has been the Sami Callihan/Trey Miguel stuff. Violent By Design, The current X-Division lineup (Ace Austin is awesome). Decay (because I love Rosemary) and the Deonna Purazzo stuff as I want to see the Susan/Su Yung payoff.

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I've just been watching it on their website to be honest. It's like their version of the WWE network. You can watch the weekly episodes for free. Only have to pay to be able to watch the PPVs.

Them saying Omega is better than everyone feels both like a putdown of the company and a storytelling tactic. It doesn't help that he was up against Rich Swann. I like Swann but he was by far the worst choice to go up against Omega. He was giving me Chris Sabin/CM Punk 2008 world champion vibes. Nobody else treats them seriously, why should I. I feel Eddie Edwards would have been a better opponent if the plan was to have Omega win. Edwards has more intensity than Swann. If the plan is to have Moose win in the end its all good though.

My favourite stuff has been the Sami Callihan/Trey Miguel stuff. Violent By Design, The current X-Division lineup (Ace Austin is awesome). Decay (because I love Rosemary) and the Deonna Purazzo stuff as I want to see the Susan/Su Yung payoff.
    Honestly all they needed to do was have Swann show up on Wednesday and jump Kenny, or take out one of the StupidElite or whatever they're calling themselves. Make us know that, hey, Kenny Omega is defending the AEW Title/wrestling for the Impact title, and this is his challenger. It makes a casual observer think Swann could have won.

The reason why people were invested in Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns was because KO at least was able to get the upper hand on the rare occasion, thus planting a seed of doubt that maybe he will win this time. Same with D-Bry and Edge (hell even Jey got a little bit of that).

Moose is the only person currently on the Impact roster that could conceivably win the title back, but I don't see it happening. I see Kenny Omega getting tired of holding it and surrendering the title. I think they're hoping Samoa Joe is cleared and they can sign him, but who knows if he'd even want to sign with Impact or if he'd go to AEW. Also I doubt Tony Kahn is gonna have his champion get defeated.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Raw, Smackdown, and AEW is plenty of wrestling for me.

6. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ^ Pretty much sums it up for me.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Thread Information