Thread: Do you like Twinkies?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you like Twinkies?

I would see these treats raved about all the time in shows such as The Simpsons and Family Guy. As I live in the U.K they weren't available over here for a long time. When I finally came across one I was extremely disappointed.

They're just a shit Swiss roll.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I?m not a big sweets fan, but they?re decent enough. I even prefer them over Swiss rolls, but that?s because I?m not a huge chocolate fan. They get a good rap from older shows, but their popularity isn?t what it used to be. And honestly, most of my memories of these shows referencing Twinkies is more of a joke than claiming they?re amazing. Family Guy used it in my favorite episode ?Da Boom? saying even the apocalypse couldn?t kill a Twinkie factory and The Simpsons A customer tries to smash one and Apu yells ?Silly customer. You cannot hurt a Twinkie.?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I must have seen them hyped in some others shows too because they had quite the rep in my mind. Maybe it's because they were unobtainable to me for nearly all my life.

A Swiss roll doesn't have to be chocolate flavoured cake. At least I don't think anyway.

I see Snickers Crunch advertised all the time and I'd love to try one of those. Probably not too hard with Amazon now.

Also, whenever I watch a stream and its on a US channel, there's so many fast food ads and they look good value.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    But do you like twinkies Mr Bot?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Most fast food is shit value. You?ll occasionally find some good 2 for $5 things out there, and Wendy?s $4 meals is a good deal, but if you can cook, you can eat a lot cheaper than that. Hell, you don?t even really have to cook. Before I left the service I was in a bad way financially. So I was eating ramen mixed with tuna and hot sauce. That?s about $1.20 a meal there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Most fast food is shit value. You?ll occasionally find some good 2 for $5 things out there, and Wendy?s $4 meals is a good deal, but if you can cook, you can eat a lot cheaper than that. Hell, you don?t even really have to cook. Before I left the service I was in a bad way financially. So I was eating ramen mixed with tuna and hot sauce. That?s about $1.20 a meal there.
    I was at a point one year where I could literally only afford 3 for a dollar burritos from Safeway. That was my food intake for the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Thread Information