Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastlane 2018 LD (OR - The Most Pointless Show of the Year 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fastlane 2018 LD (OR - The Most Pointless Show of the Year 2018)

Let's see what we've got ahead of us this evening...

• Six man cluster main event which is a red herring to throw people of the scent of two obvious main event Mania matches? Check.
    • Tune-up match between the stagnant Royal Rumble winner and the most popular (yet for some reason still supposed to be a bad guy) midcarder in the company? Check.
    • Rematch between two GOAT tag teams likely to end in a schmoz with both on the receiving end of a bludgeoning? Check.
    • Minor speedbump ahead for Women's Champion ahead of (for the love of God please) a showdown between a Queen and an Empress? Check.
    • Midcard title feud between two guys who are mechanically sound and extremely talented but who require a more exuberant partner to conduct their best work? Check.
    • Token, thrown together woman's division tag match? Double Check.

Looks like a great show...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not the most interesting show tonight, as I only care to see two matches, those being New Day vs Usos and the six pack challenge.

This show more or less shows why WWE shouldn't have a PPV between Royal Rumble and WrestleMania.

3. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There are two things I am looking forward to tonight, neither involve the main event.

1) The New Day is my favorite thing in WWE, has been for a long while. Despite being consistently over, selling John Cena levels of merch, and more of less putting on good matches when given the opportunity, they haven't had much at Wrestlemania, so I'm hoping tonight starts a build for something solid for them. At 31 they were in the traditional pre-show tag team clusterfuck. 31 they were tag team champions and lost to the fucking League of Nations in a non title match (and I was so angry I paused my Network feed and didn't resume it for another hour) and at 33 they were hosts. That wasn't bad, but it reeked of WWE's "oh shit we forgot to build a story for a super over act" bullshit they tend to do. I'm not saying they need to main event the damn thing, but maybe let the 4x champion team, that happens to hold the record for longest reign and also has won PWI Tag Team of the Year twice, pick up a decent win or at least be involved in something decent.

2) This should serve as Ruby Riott's coming out party. Ruby is my favorite female on the roster not named Bayley. She was fairly solid in ring before WWE, but since she arrived she has grown as a complete package. Very unique look, good in ring, solid on the mic, you can't really ask for much more. I don't expect her to win, it would be silly to expect Ruby, in her first PPV singles match, to defeat Charlotte, especially since Wrestlemania is a month away. It should be a good match with Ruby taking Charlotte to the limit and really establishing Ruby as a future player. Since this is WWE, I have doubts, especially since WWE can't seem to book anyone in the division that isn't named Alexa or Charlotte, and we have seen numerous stables fall apart after their first loss on a big stage, but I think Riott has the talent to make it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There's nothing else on tonight, which in turn makes me look forward to this

Go AJ!

6. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post
    SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'll be here.

8. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Got some errands to run so I'll miss just about all of this.

With you guys in spirit.

10. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm trying really hard to care about this and it's just not happening.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'll be here!

Still confused by the decision to add Cena to the already packed ME. I hoped he would fail to get in, then goad Nakamura into putting his Rumble title shot on the line against him as a last ditch effort to get on Mania. Then we'd get the PPV setting that the Nak/Cena match deserves with Shin getting a huge win to propel him to Mania.

Better than having Nak, who they've done nothing with since winning the Rumble (for some reason) go up against a heel who's probably more beloved than he is. Not a good look.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I will be happy if Big E betrays the New Day tonight and becomes a big heel on Smackdown.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wait I just realized something. Jinder is probably going to be added to the Orton vs Roode match at WrestleMania, making it a triple threat match. Oh joy

Thread Information