Thread: Braun Strowman To Miss Wrestlemania?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Braun Strowman To Miss Wrestlemania?

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-wrestlemania/

This has been on a few different sites, including Forbes, but their online site is a chore to navigate and requires you to enable a bunch of BS and disable any sort of blockers you have and get hit with giant ads and autoplay videos so fuck them with a rusty cattle prod.

So despite Braun being the most consistently booked guy on the roster since basically Wrestlemania 33, and being the most over guy despite looking like a dork against Lesnar, Braun is currently being left without a Wrestlemania match on purpose.

The rumor, as first picked up on by Meltzer and since spread like herpes, is that WWE knows they have put all their eggs in the Brock/Roman match, and are wary due to a number of issues. Aside from an injury to either guy, WWE worries that the recent Roman steroid scandal that doesn't seem to go away (Cena was recently named as well) may impact the match. They also worry that Roman won't get the desired face reaction, so they are doing everything they can to turn Brock full heel.

Braun is currently viewed as the backup plan in case either of those things becomes an issue. If the steroid scandal forces them to suspend/fire/slap on the wrist Roman, then Braun would take his place in the Universal Championship match. There is also speculation that if Roman continues to get a negative to mixed reaction, they will throw Braun in to make it a triple threat. No word on if this could cause Braun to go over or take the fall or anything, just that he is the plan B for all things Wrestlemania main event.

The original plan was for him to combat Miz one on one for the IC Title, but they scrapped that to keep him on the back burner. The current Elias feud is nothing more than to keep Braun looking like a monster in the event he is needed.

The reports also state that if the main event goes on as planned, the best Braun may get is some sort of non wrestling segment to show off his impressive strength.

I get the logic in this, I truly do, but it feels all kind of wrong to make your hottest act a backup plan, especially in an age where WWE can't build their own stars to save a life.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Let's see - Jinder being added to the US Title match, Styles vs Ziggler, and Owens/Zayn being in the ATGMBR. Now Braun Strowman may not even make the card? God what the hell is wrong with this company? Actually I don't wanna know, I don't think. Only explanation is they're deliberately trying to make this the least hyped Mania of all time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't mind it. Wrestlemania is the peak of sports Entertainment. Who would you have Strowman wrestle anyway? He's above the IC title picture. What would you gain by have him beat (squash) The Miz in a pointless match? Nothing really.

Braun Strowman got so over due to his feats of strength. So him doing the BIGGEST feat yet on the Grandest Stage of The All sounds cool to me, as a way to showcase his ability on the wide audience.

For me, you either have Strowman wrestle Cena, or you just put him in a segment like this. Anything else doesn't fit him right now and doesn't really help him.

4. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Braun may be left off the card, but I don't buy this keeping him as a plan B scenario that Meltzer's talking about. This Johnny Bravo character that claims to be sitting on evidence seems to be nothing more than an attention hound. In fact, he revealed a little more about the allegations against Reigns. Here's the footage.

Click for Spoiler:

I'm not being funny, either. The guy is now talking about WWE Legend Luther Reigns a whole lot more than he's been talking about Roman Reigns. He's working the smarks who are salivating at the idea of Reigns getting pulled, and now so is Meltzer.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Braun Strowman in the battle royal, last one to enter the ring. Doesnt enter until after the bell has rung (as in he just stands on the outside watching). Tips the ring upside down knocking everyone out. There is a wrestlemania moment, WWE can figure out how to make it possible

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Strowman needs to pull down that fucking Wrestlemania sign.

Thread Information