Thread: Bray Wyatt released

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bray Wyatt released

Shocker to me, although I had been wondering if he was injured or not as he hadn't been seen since wrestlemania.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What a fecking joke. Released due to budget cuts? They're a multi billion dollar company and while yes I understand that rhe aim of every business is to make profit, it's hardly as if WWE are on their paat dollar. Add that to the fact that Wyatt was one of the most intruiginf charcuterie they've had in years and this one has really pissed me off.

Fuck WWE for not knowing how to book the character.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not surprised. Can't say I really care either. WWE might've dropped the ball with the character but when Bray is wrestling I'm as engaged as I am during Corbin matches.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What is WWE doing? They're literally handing AEW a roster full of all stars. Bray is the best character in wrestling.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This isn't the stupid decision it might initially seem.

It's been noted Bray has been dealing with rather serious mental health issues since the death of Jon Huber, who was a long-time close friend. I can't see him jumping to AEW, at least not immediately, and it might have been a release that was personally requested.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    What is WWE doing? They're literally handing AEW a roster full of all stars. Bray is the best character in wrestling.
    This may be crazy, but if AEW signs all the guys cut, that will kill AEW's image, as they will no doubt end up doing the same thing WWE is doing, which is "misusing" talent by sheer virtue of having too many wrestlers and not enough TV time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    This isn't the stupid decision it might initially seem.

It's been noted Bray has been dealing with rather serious mental health issues since the death of Jon Huber, who was a long-time close friend. I can't see him jumping to AEW, at least not immediately, and it might have been a release that was personally requested.
    Supposedly WWE is telling people it's budget cuts (same shit they give for all the releases). Honestly wouldn't be surprised if WWE is saying this to protect him if he personally requested his release to deal with those things. But also I'm willing to bet that if he was dealing with serious issues WWE would be helping him deal with them, not cutting him loose (or they release him and help him at the same time). If they're helping him, I'd be willing to bet if he'd get back to wrestling it'd be with WWE again.

As to my thoughts on his release. It sucks as he was a great character and the Firefly Funhouse was amazing. However, as great as The Fiend was he was WAY too OP and nearly impossible to book well. In his first big contest he no-sold about 900 chair shots and curb stomps which lead to a rather stupid finish in a Cell math. When he was booked to lose it was terribly received (likely because of who beat him but still it took a ton of finishes to even make it remotely believable).

WWE is having a similar issue with Alexa right now which is why she rarely loses, and when she does it's in multi-person matches where she doesn't have to eat a fall. In the Money in The Bank match they had all 7 competitors bury her in ladders to get her out of the match.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Thread Information