Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE to Hold 50 Man Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WWE to Hold 50 Man Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia

https://wrestlingrumors.net/wwe-hold...-saudi-arabia/

Cool. I have no idea why this wouldn't be on the Network but that's the same Network that didn't air freaking Starrcade live. This seems like another way to bring in a new audience in a new country and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not like they don't have fifty names to put out there if you count the cruiserweights and maybe some NXT names. This could be a lot of fun.

2. Likes Wildcat66, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm going to be so goddamn salty if this isn't recorded and put onto the Network. It's quite literally every single action figure clusterfuck Rumble I did as a kid put to life.

4. Likes Fallout, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It is funny that people complain that WWE has too much content, then also complain that meaningless house shows aren't put on the Network. I will be honest, a fifty man Rumble sounds terrible. 40 was boring, so why will 50 be better?

On the topic of Starrcade, why did it need to be broadcast? It was a glorified house show with nothing of note happening. Roode vs Ziggler. Shinsuke vs Corbin. Tamina vs. Naomi. 12 man tag. 4 team tag. Goldust (as his crappy WCW gimmick no one liked) vs. Dash Wilder. Charlotte vs. Natty in a cage. AJ vs. Jinder in a cage. None of it was special, none of the WCW legends who showed up did anything of note. If this would have been a standard episode of Smackdown, KB would have rated it a C and it would have been forgotten in two weeks, but since it had nostalgia attached it was amazing and it was a travesty it wasn't on the Network.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think for the first time in my life, I wish I was Saudi Arabian.

8. Likes Wildcat66, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    It is funny that people complain that WWE has too much content, then also complain that meaningless house shows aren't put on the Network. I will be honest, a fifty man Rumble sounds terrible. 40 was boring, so why will 50 be better?

On the topic of Starrcade, why did it need to be broadcast? It was a glorified house show with nothing of note happening. Roode vs Ziggler. Shinsuke vs Corbin. Tamina vs. Naomi. 12 man tag. 4 team tag. Goldust (as his crappy WCW gimmick no one liked) vs. Dash Wilder. Charlotte vs. Natty in a cage. AJ vs. Jinder in a cage. None of it was special, none of the WCW legends who showed up did anything of note. If this would have been a standard episode of Smackdown, KB would have rated it a C and it would have been forgotten in two weeks, but since it had nostalgia attached it was amazing and it was a travesty it wasn't on the Network.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I wasn't mad because I didn't see a worthless house show. I was mad because they brought back the "Starrcade" name and only used it to sell a few extra tickets to a worthless house show.

As for this show, of course I want to see it. I don't exactly want more content, but when a match and show of this caliber happens, I absolutely want to see it.

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A 50-man Rumble? My god, think of the dead spots.

It'll be as boring as shit.

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is very much the gold AK-47 of the wrestling world.

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    http://stillrealtous.com/the-greates...-even-greater/

According to this, the card will also include seven title matches to fill out the card. This comes just a few days after it was confirmed, unintentionally by Roman, that the show will be on the Network.

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If it's on the Network then the outcome has to be of some importance, right?

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh fuck off. The fact that a human-rights violating theocratic shithole who murder homosexuals and rape victims is getting all of this is revolting. No disrespect to the citizens of the nation who have to live under this (I've heard many are lovely, inviting people), but I'd rather see WWE air this in North Korea than Saudi fucking Arabia.

20. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information