Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Have This Awful Feeling About Carmella

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I Have This Awful Feeling About Carmella

I usually have good feelings about the Princess of Staten Island, or whatever the hell she used to call herself. She's not a great wrestler but she's not a terrible one either and she does have that dancer's body that's responsible for a good number of those good feelings.

The bad feeling I have is that they're going to have her successfully cash in her MITB briefcase at WrestleMania, thereby ending Asuka's undefeated streak in a way that's going to have the internet howling for Vince McMahon's blood. Asuka challenging Charlotte Flair is a match that I think most of us want to see and it's rumored to be happening. The thing is that Carmella's MITB contract is only good for another 3 months and this just has one of those shocking moments in the making written all over it. It just seems like the sort of thing that Vince truly loves, something that he thinks will make for really compelling television: the most dominant female wrestler in WWE history upstaged at the biggest show of the year and the biggest match of her career by someone not remotely in her league.

I'm of the opinion that Carmella's attempt, whenever she makes it, shouldn't be successful because she's just not ready. I just feel that WWE is leaving a lot of money on the table if they go with an MITB screwjob ending for Asuka's undefeated streak.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It’s definitely a scary thought and I was thinking it during Fastlane today. Maybe she fails the cash in to Asuka but I don’t see the point in it. I think you could have Carmella cash in at Mania but on the Raws champion. It’s a simple 1 for 1 trade with Asuka before the draft and creates an interesting next couple of months for he Raws woman’s division. Do you have Bliss turn face, Jax turn face, have Bayley and Banks do a triple threat with Carmella with an easy way to get the title on one of them and set up their feud for the summer or just simply have one of them face her. Heck I doubt it would happen but even Ronda could get into the picture. I’m just hoping it’s not on Asuka.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The first female MITB winner should definitely cash in and win. I think the chances of her defeating Asuka are zero. Her first defeat is Rousey and it's some time away.

What I'd do is have Carmella take out Charlotte as she makes her entrance at Mania. She wins. Asuka then crushes Carmella and Charlotte claims her rematch and we get the original Mania match as promised. It's a bit unwieldy but I'm dead against her cashing in and failing. Though I think my suggestion undermines the winner as well.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Actually, she gets transferred to Raw in the draft and then we get the storyline of somebody needing to cash in before the opportunity expires.

I've cracked it, guys. Thread closed.

5. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    Actually, she gets transferred to Raw in the draft and then we get the storyline of somebody needing to cash in before the opportunity expires.

I've cracked it, guys. Thread closed.
    Carmella, along with Bliss, is exactly the type of heel that Nia Jax as a babyface will need to be surrounded with. I could definitely see Carmella spoiling Nia's big moment at WrestleMania (assuming that's the match we're getting).

If Jack-Hammer's concerns end up founded, then I'll be convinced that WWE is hell-bent on repeating WCW's biggest blunders, including wasting an undefeated streak in lackluster fashion. The weekend that Goldberg get's inducted, no less.

7. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I HOPE she gets drafted to RAW and cashes in there.. Asuka should stay undefeated until a HUGE match comes around (possibly against Ronda), where her streak will be broken. Having the streak break on a cheap ass cash in is terrible.

(Although, it could transform Carmella into a big heel, but is she the right pick to be a top heel in the women's division?)

9. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think it would be interesting to see some sort of road block where she can't use her MITB and thus becoming the first person it expired on. Maybe the champions she would wuss out on, repeatedly go to cash it in but taking it back each time. It may not be the most acceptable thing to happen for the first WMIB, but we've seen worse.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've thought for a while that she'll be cashing in at Mania. But she'll be doing it either unsuccessfully, or on Alexa Bliss after her match with Nia Jax.

I like Carmella and she's managed to turn a lot of people into believers in her ability. I think the WWE like her too and I can actually see her keeping the title for a while when she gets it. But there's no way that both cash-ins end unsuccessfully for my money. Corbin failed and it would make no sense whatsoever if Carmella failed too. It takes away the legitimacy of the event really. The WWE love to have those cases around for unpredictability.

So, with that said, Mania should be interesting. I see Asuka beating Charlotte, which of course means she'll be moving to Smackdown as Women's Champion. That means that Smackdown have gained a superstar, Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Carmella was the trade off there, as she heads to Raw as Women's Champion.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm in the camp that think she's moving to Raw. I think Nia is going to beat Bliss for the Women's Championship, maybe something happens post match where Bliss tries to assault Nia or maybe just Carmella blindsides her with a briefcase to the back of the head, but either way I think Carmella leaves Mania the Raw Women's Champion. I just can't see her being the first one to beat Asuka, and she's lost in the shuffle on SDL where as Raw could probably use another heel in the division.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm thinking she cashes in on the Smackdown after WrestleMania and fails.

Thread Information