Thread: Pair Heyman with Nakamura after Wrestlemania

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pair Heyman with Nakamura after Wrestlemania

Just a thought I had.. Nakamura is a great in ring performer and has all the charisma of the world. But his charisma is different than the usual WWE-style charisma. He's really bad at promos, mainly because he can't speak proper English, so he uses short sentences, that are, most of the time, effective. However Nakamura is definately an in ring artist, because he's a guy whose actions speak louder than words. And that's a style that fits NJPW, a company that doesn't have a weekly TV show, but relies mostly at the story that is being told inside the ring. And Nakamura is great at that. He can tell any story inside that ring.

So, why not pair him with someone that can tell a story outside of the ring? And that's of course Paul Heyman. The in-ring charisma of Nakamura combined with the out-of-the-ring charisma of Paul Heyman, would make an amazing spectacle. It's a great way to really cover Nakamura's shortcomings and highlight his strengths, which is his in-ring ability. Plus Heyman will give Nakamura the perfect backstory that both WWE and Nakamura have failed to give to the WWE Universe. Highlight his strong style, highlight his work in Japan, his MMA background. Video packages are not enough for this.

People want to see Ronda be paired with Heyman, but Ronda doesn't really need Paul. Ronda will learn to cut a promo, will learn how to express her emotions. She's there to learn. She's a ROOKIE. However Nakamura has already mastered all these qualities but he can't show us them, since he can't really speak the English language.

IMO, if there's one guy that needs Paul Heyman after Brock is gone, it's Shinsuke Nakamura. And with Brock out of the picture, Paul can view Nakamura as his #1 client, and not someone who is a filler (like Axel and Cesaro).

To be perfectly honest, I'd just rather they kept Nakamura as he is. Nakamura doesn't need to cut a lot of promos to get over, he's already over because of how good he is in the ring and because of his charisma.

As has been shown time and again in WWE over the course of the past decade especially, you don't necessarily have to be this ultra dynamic speaker on the mic to tell a story and to get fans behind you. You don't have to pop one liners one after the other like the Rock, constantly ham it up like the Miz or deliver a sermon like John Cena. If you've got it in the ring and if you can come out and ultimately say enough on the mic to get it across to people what's going on, then I think that's enough for most people these days.

If anything, what I think WWE should put more focus on is Nakamura's "King of Strong Style" aspect of himself, put focus on the fact that he can be a real shit kicker and forget about all this "the Artist known as...." and "WWE's resident rock star" bullshit. You know, essentially do with him what was being done with him in NXT.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Lesnar leaves, which I don't think he will, Hey man will take some time off and only return to be the hype person for one star. That's Ronda Rousey.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nakamura is fine. They should focus on his in-ring ability, and keep his promos short.

Heyman can be paired with Ronda Rousey.

6. Likes #hamler liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Nakamura is fine. They should focus on his in-ring ability, and keep his promos short.

Heyman can be paired with Ronda Rousey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    If Lesnar leaves, which I don't think he will, Hey man will take some time off and only return to be the hype person for one star. That's Ronda Rousey.
    Why though? Why pair him with Rousey? Just because she was in UFC just like Lesnar?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Because she'll be a part-time attraction, their main investment, is better off saying as little as possible and Heyman isn't working full time.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    That's how Braun was treated during his come up and it's done wonders for him. Nakamura doesn't need to talk outside of a few short sentences. Same for Asuka. They're great but whenever they talk, it sorta just kills their characters.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information