Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Monday Night Raw LD (March 12, 2018) ... GONG!

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    On one hand, a handicap match to determine the tag team champions is very WCW-esque at their end.

On the other, Braun is pure and will make this pure.

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    I love Strowman but I still don't get why WWE loves to ignore the real team's so much.
    Vince McMahon loves Big Sweaty Men

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    An Undertaker/Cena match in all honestly sounds kinda lousy. I can't imagine there being much of a story behind it, and neither man has anything really to gain from winning now that the Streak is gone. A loss would probably hurt Cena more, because he's still going to be around afterwards. Even if he disappears for 6 months, he still has to come back and explain to everyone why he couldn't beat a beat a 53 year old man, whose career is all but over.

4. Likes Fillet Club liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I hated the fact that John Cena shot on the Deadman character, comlpetely breaking and mystique and calling out Michelle for posting workout videos of Undertaker.

On the other hand, if Taker wanted to keep that mystique then those videos should have never been posted in the first place... So now I'm torn in between.

Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    I hated the fact that John Cena shot on the Deadman character, comlpetely breaking and mystique and calling out Michelle for posting workout videos of Undertaker.

On the other hand, if Taker wanted to keep that mystique then those videos should have never been posted in the first place... So now I'm torn in between.
    To be honest, I liked it and the reason I liked it is because they've got Cena acting like a dick.

From the beginning, I was of the opinion that the worst way to build this match would be to simply have Cena come out, talking about how much respect he has for Taker, hyping how important he is, how much he's beloeved, etc. I'm not a fan of the mutual respect society approach to building towards a wrestling match. I want conflict, I wanna see someone do or say something to make me wanna see that someone get his ass kicked by the other guy and they did that last night.

The workrate of the match will probably blow chunks all over creation, but if the storytelling is there, if they can do something in the match to make me care about what's going on....then maybe this could be something worth watching. Raw will be in Dallas next week and Taker, if I'm not mistaken, lives in the Houston area so he may well pop up on Raw next Monday to respond to Cena.

Still, the shortcomings of this match are obvious. Taker's a 53 year old man who's body is just past it, which means there's really nothing to gain for Cena if he beats him and if Cena loses...well then he was beaten up by a 53 year old man and that's just not going to look good. I still ultimately wish they wouldn't have this match, I do understand why some want to see it but Taker's limitations are too much for me to believe that this will be all that good. Nothing wrong with hoping, but my hopes aren't at all high.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 03-13-2018 at 07:38 AM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    The workrate of the match will probably blow chunks all over creation, but if the storytelling is there, if they can do something in the match to make me care about what's going on....then maybe this could be something worth watching.

Still, the shortcomings of this match are obvious. Taker's a 53 year old man who's body is just past it, which means there's really nothing to gain for Cena if he beats him and if Cena loses...well then he was beaten up by a 53 year old man and that's just not going to look good. I still ultimately wish they wouldn't have this match, I do understand why some want to see it but Taker's limitations are too much for me to believe that this will be all that good. Nothing wrong with hoping, but my hopes aren't at all high.

'Something to make me care' 'storytelling' 'Something worth watching' 'nothing to gain for cena' 'beating up 53 year old man'

Bill Lesnar doesn't understand this thought process. He doesnt at all. Also, It won't be lugs like Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns

John Cena vs Undertaker. Wrestlemania. First time ever. Dream match.

Bill Lesnar just said..

Thread Information