Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Pet Peeves

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    My absolute pet peeve though is lifting the feet up for a pin. I think it was Lance Storm who mentioned it a couple of years back and I can not unsee it now. Usually every match ends with it that way/
    It was Lance Storm. Back in September of 2012. I remembered this, and think of it often (even remembered the pictures he used to demonstrate his point). Spent 10 minutes going through his commentary history to find it and re-read it, and it still is relevant.

I really hate when a wrestler is being counted out, and is 8 feet from the ring at the count of 9, and runs and dives into the ring to prevent a countout. I don't mind the spot itself, but it should be a gradual get into the ring, not an "I'm dead until the count of 9 and sprint in before 10."
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The fact that we have a cruiser weight division when Balor and Bryan are about to tear up the main event scene in the coming months.

Not saying they belong in a cruiserweight division but it makes that division seem like â??yeah you guys are small like them but they are like you know more interesting and popular so they are the exceptionâ?.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When feuds run on way too long (Especially one's that aren't that interesting to begin with) Like Randy Orton vs Sheamus from awhile back. Seth vs The Bar. K.O vs Sami... (Although it was/is interesting in portions, there was a time they fought 150 times a month) Dustin Rhodes vs The Computerized Man, Terrance Taylor (They fought every week for months...it was mind boggling) Tommy Rich vs Ricky Morton. (For whatever reason, WCW thought Tommy Rich was good...)

A recent one is Bray Wyatt vs Matt Hardy (But at least it had a crazy send off and it might do wonders for a Wyatt break/reboot, but damn, there was a point where it was just - Can these two get away from each other now?- And it wasn't really that long.)
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I understand why it happens and get it canâ??t really be changed, but seeing people on their own 2 feet just look at the person climbing the top turnbuckle and then just standing there for the moonsault or a crossbody to hit them is annoying.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When lethal weapons are used, or rather not used - because they can't be. Like, alright, a car accident isn't too rich for my blood - I can buy that one would drive a car into another car without the intent to kill - but when, for example, Samoa Joe was wandering around TNA with a knife or Jimmy Havoc pulled a fire axe on Will Ospreay. "I'm going to behead him." Yeah, but you're not though, are you? It makes me very aware that what I'm watching is a show.

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah like during the Ambrose/Lesnar Wrestlemania match, when Ambrose tried the chainsaw. The announcers selling it like Ambrose was going to dismember Lesnar was among the many low points to that match.

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Yeah like during the Ambrose/Lesnar Wrestlemania match, when Ambrose tried the chainsaw. The announcers selling it like Ambrose was going to dismember Lesnar was among the many low points to that match.
    I know one man who might enjoy that prospect:

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Even worse because Ambrose brought out weapons that could feasibly be used, or at least had been used in wrestling matches previously, like the barbed wire baseball bat, but weren't used, presumably because of modern day WWE's environment. Which is fine, I don't need barbed wire, just don't wave it around and then not use it. What a damp fart that match was.

16. Likes Yaz, ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Such an easy fix with the chainsaw spot. Let him rev the damn thing up. Let Brock crawl away backwards from Dean, until Dean turns it off and laughs. Now Dean is the only guy in WWE who's ever made the Beast scared. Chainsaw paid off.

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    "That makes no sense." A mantra one often faces in wrestling discussion when they make an in-story suggestion. The mantra often demonstrates a lack of imagination preventing them from even considering a possible route from point A to B.

20. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information