Thread: 2003 Retrospective

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

2003 Retrospective

With KB almost done reviewing all of 2003 for both Raw and Smackdown, I figured it would be a good time to talk about that year in general. I wasn't watching WWE at the time (I was burnt out on the product by Summerslam 2002), but after watching everything via the Network, I can definitely see why: it really was a pretty terrible year.

Raw was straight up unwatchable. Never mind we were in the heart of Triple H's Reign of Terror. What killed Raw was a really weak roster and the only people who could have realistically challenged him that year were Goldberg, who was mishandled the entire year, and HBK, who did not want the belt. RVD and Booker T are good for midcard talent, but are nothing compared to Eddie, Benoit, Mysterio, Cena, etc.

Smackdown was better due to a much stronger roster, but it suffered from the Vince/Steph feud that took precedence over Lesnar/Angle and limped to the finish line when freaking Hardcore Holly of all people was feuding with Lesnar.

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The only thing I really remember from 2003 was Trips somehow always beating Goldberg and one week on Smackdown, Lesnar said that he'd face whoever he drew out of the bowl and he drew Shannon Moore. Then someone came out and checked the names and they were all Shannon Moore. Idk why I remember that so vividly but it's definitely stuck in my mind.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    The only thing I really remember from 2003 was Trips somehow always beating Goldberg and one week on Smackdown, Lesnar said that he'd face whoever he drew out of the bowl and he drew Shannon Moore. Then someone came out and checked the names and they were all Shannon Moore. Idk why I remember that so vividly but it's definitely stuck in my mind.
    Well it was Brock who showed after the match that the tumbler was rigged. When you put things into context (Shannon Moore was tagging with Bobcore in a match where Bobcore has to retire if he loses), it's even more lame. They were seriously trying to drum up sympathy for Shannon Moore, who had been a heel for most of the year, and freaking Hardcore Holly.

But that's the main problem with 2003: there was hardly anything memorable and too much garbage.

Thread Information