Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Pet Peeves

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wrestling Pet Peeves

We all have them. It could range from something small, like when a guy obviously slaps his leg on a superkick or stomps really hard when he throws a punch. It could be something big, like WWE's refusal to ever admit they are wrong or Dave Metlzer's insistence that the Tokyo Dome adds an extra 1/2 star to every match. I'm interested in hearing yours.

For the sake of this not matching the length of most of my other rousing topics, I will only list a couple to start, then add more later.

One of my biggest is when guys are clearly calling spots in the ring, or a referee can be heard giving the wrestlers their go home order. Cena is pretty bad at this (even my girlfriend picks up on it), Punk was another who you could clearly hear calling out spots. With the way camera work has evolved and the way Kevin Dunn insist we get twenty cuts a match, you often see certain things you weren't meant to. It isn't as bad as hearing the spots, but when you see one wrestler crawl over the other and bury their heads together, it annoys me because you know what is going down. Same with referees telling the guys how much time is left or who needs to go over.

Another of my biggest pet peeves, is fans who think they know it all. I know, a bit of irony in me complaining about know it all fans, but the point sticks. Everyday you see people with posts like "Well Wrestler X deserves this match" or "Its bullshit Wrestler Z won the title because they didn't earn it" or one I am seeing lately "If you give Wrestlers A and B twenty minutes, they will tear the house down."

It just blows my mind that some people adhere to the belief that no matter how over someone is, they should toil away for years in the lower card and work their way up. That for a match to be good, it needs to go x minutes or longer. That certain guys they find talented based on arbitrary reasons should get certain pushes. The fact is, if a guy brings in views and money, he gets pushed. If he doesn't do those things, they don't. It is fairly simple.

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The "I'm going to sue you" storyline.

Not only is it overdone, not only is it boring as all sin, but you effectively neuter whoever is filing this lawsuit because you make them appear incompetent and unable to back themselves up in the ring. This is especially egregious when a face does it.

4. Likes Fillet Club, ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Tower of doom. Such a worthless spot, used in just about every match with more than 4 people. Contrived and dumb.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    It's well known that it pisses me off to see titles passed around like hot potatoes, so I'm not going there this time.

One peeve that gets my goat is when they do something foolish but try to make it seem like it's acceptable because of some feather light technicality. The Coach was trying to do it last night during the tag team battle royal with Braun Strowman winning it, saying something to the effect that the rules state that the person who won the battle royal earned the right to challenge for the tag titles at WrestleMania. It's such a stupid thing to say when you have Cole and Graves sitting right next to him saying that it's a "tag team battle royal" and Braun Strowman is a singles wrestler and, in my opinion, it's a stupid thing to do in the first place. I love Strowman's work, the guy's a lot of fun to watch and listen to but I absolutely despise when Vince decides to make the entire tag team division look like a possum's pecker just to build up a singles guy who doesn't even need it. We've seen Strowman tear his way through Raw for the past year and a half, we know he's a dominant brute and he's highly entertaining, but I simply do not see the point in hurting the credibility of 10 or 12 guys just to make one look good and there are genuinely still a couple of good tag teams left on Raw.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When wrestlers invoke their re-match clause.

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The kayfabe lack of planning for several hours of live television.

If the opening interview segment had not led to a confrontation and the GM then making a match, WWE would have it that there had been no set main event or even much of the show full stop.

What was supposed to happen for the three hours you had for RAW?

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People who shit on Lesnar for his work schedule.

If you got offered 12 million for a handful of dates a year with 70 percent of those dates just showing up and bouncing around while your manager talks you would take it in a heartbeat.

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    John Cena. Everything about the man.

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Undying View Post
    People who shit on Lesnar for his work schedule.

If you got offered 12 million for a handful of dates a year with 70 percent of those dates just showing up and bouncing around while your manager talks you would take it in a heartbeat.
    Not everyone...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    The fact is, if a guy brings in views and money, he gets pushed. If he doesn't do those things, they don't. It is fairly simple.
    Then how you do explain Jinder Mahal? Just the exception?

19. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information