Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So......This Place Is Kind Of Dead

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A few here like me went to wrestlingsmarks for some convos but idk any other places. Shame about SCF man but yeah this place shouldn't be a burden.

Hope to still see you guys around though wherever you roam.

2. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
    Makes sense I guess. It's a shame. Are BSE and StormTrooper in the other spot?

They were the lifeblood of this place.
    How did you not mention #RicSolarFlair

4. Likes #AbsoluteUnit, Storm Trooper liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Considering I do not know of another place, I would say the answer is no.
    Neither do I. Nor are we welcomed to their "other place". Even though you, BSE, and me are the 3 most consistent posters here. Which is also the three of us being the 3 top posters on the site. When everyone else decided to leave, the three of us stayed. Maybe we weren't that "informal" on wrestling like everyone else was. Well, maybe you Trooper, definitely not me or BSE. It's cool though, invite others to "your other place". It's not like Trooper, BSE and myself were trying to let this place down, no. We were actually trying to help. But you can't hold us back in not knowing of your secret society and leaving us out in the cold.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Slyfox696 liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I tried everything to keep this place up aside from marketing it to outsiders. Started LDs for everything for a couple years when no one was here, would post some threads about major newsworthy events. Hell ran the Fantasy League for a few seasons. It is a shame it is dying, but it has been BSE, #RSF (now #AbsoluteUnit) and myself for over a year so it isn't surprising that there's talk of shutting it down.

But given that apparently there is another place I guess it isn't surprising there was no one else around. Spending over 10 years with you guys, migrating from WrestleZone, members dying (I cried when I saw Mustang Sally died, she was the nicest person on the internet), we've gone through a lot together.

I'll forever cherish the time I've spent with WZF and now SCF. I've met some great people through it. I tried to keep it as active as possible for as long as I could but after over a year of just the 3 of us it was clear there was no point in trying to keep it active. With no other options available to me due to lack of knowledge/invitation of a separate entity I began posting on a new forum that is active. But this place and the people here have held a special place in my heart for the past 13+ years.

If this is goodbye then goodbye, and thank you all for the memories. If I see you all again I will be glad. I truly hope for the best for everyone.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How did you not mention #RicSolarFlair
    Heel turn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Jesus Christ, the other place is a simple chat to keep in touch since a few of us did develop our careers thanks to WZ so we stay in touch.

Y'all make it sound like there's a second SCF we bailed off to.

10. Likes Slyfox696 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It doesn’t really matter. There were 3 people left and once those 3 people left, it was over. I’m loving the new place.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    What's the other place?
    You should see it. Literally rivers of cherry Kool-Aid and unlimited caviar. It's fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    A few here like me went to wrestlingsmarks for some convos but idk any other places. Shame about SCF man but yeah this place shouldn't be a burden.

Hope to still see you guys around though wherever you roam.
    It is a shame, but it's kind of a natural evolution. Web forums in general are just past their prime.
    Quote Originally Posted by #AbsoluteUnit View Post
    Neither do I. Nor are we welcomed to their "other place".
    All jokes aside, it's not some other special forum. And neither myself nor Klunder actually set it up, so we wouldn't even be able to unilaterally invite anyone anyways.

Even though you, BSE, and me are the 3 most consistent posters here. Which is also the three of us being the 3 top posters on the site. When everyone else decided to leave, the three of us stayed.
    I didn't decide to leave so much as I simply ran out of time and out of interest in wrestling. There's a reason why KB hosts the forum now and not me.

Maybe we weren't that "informal" on wrestling like everyone else was. Well, maybe you Trooper, definitely not me or BSE. It's cool though, invite others to "your other place". It's not like Trooper, BSE and myself were trying to let this place down, no. We were actually trying to help. But you can't hold us back in not knowing of your secret society and leaving us out in the cold.
    It seems as if you're taking this as a slight and it was never intended that way. It's not reflective of your posting quality or your contributions here. The "other place" has existed in its exact same form for as long as this place has. In other words, aside from the people who were in the chat at the beginning, I do not believe anyone else has come aboard.
    I tried everything to keep this place up aside from marketing it to outsiders. Started LDs for everything for a couple years when no one was here, would post some threads about major newsworthy events. Hell ran the Fantasy League for a few seasons. It is a shame it is dying, but it has been BSE, #RSF (now #AbsoluteUnit) and myself for over a year so it isn't surprising that there's talk of shutting it down.
    In all honesty, if life hadn't changed, I'd still be hosting the forum on servers I paid for and we'd probably keep rolling until the tumbleweeds took over. But that alternate reality does not exist and KB and I both kind of feel the same way. And, in all honesty, I'd probably defer to KB on the decision anyways.

But given that apparently there is another place I guess it isn't surprising there was no one else around. Spending over 10 years with you guys, migrating from WrestleZone, members dying (I cried when I saw Mustang Sally died, she was the nicest person on the internet), we've gone through a lot together.

I'll forever cherish the time I've spent with WZF and now SCF.
    Same.

If this is goodbye then goodbye, and thank you all for the memories. If I see you all again I will be glad. I truly hope for the best for everyone.
    Same.

It doesn?t really matter. There were 3 people left and once those 3 people left, it was over. I?m loving the new place.
    Like we'd let in the likes of YOU.

13. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A shame to see things reach this point, but not entirely unexpected. Wouldn't mind an invite to the new place, but I understand I've been kind of an ass at times over the years here, and I'm trying to improve myself nowadays. Still following wrestling, albeit not as intensely as before, but I still read KB's reviews for a perspective on things.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    It was never quite a booming metropolis but things have gone almost eerily quiet in the last month or so.

Simply put, if it doesn't pick up, we're probably going to take the place down. There's just no point in keeping it up as a place for me to advertise my reviews at the end of every WWE show.

We'll give it say a week or two, but if things don't pick up by a least a bit, it's probably done.
    >Start using WZ as an advertising platform for your blog
    >Throw a hissy fit when the WZ owners have a disagreement with you
    >Sever the community by starting a competitor
    >Barely advertise it
    >Sever the community more by evidently creating a second, secret platform for discussion of your top secret crew, only dropping cryptic hints to its existence
    >Act shocked when the community dies out

The demise of WZ is all on you, brother.

Thread Information