Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania - Women's Battle Royal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WrestleMania - Women's Battle Royal

The next phase of the "Women's Evolution" will come about at WrestleMania where pretty much all the women of the roster, both main and NXT, will compete in a battle royal named in honor of the Fabulous Moolah.

The men get a battle royal at WrestleMania every year and now the women will as well. Makes sense. As with the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, this one for the ladies is ultimately just a means to allowing all the women to share in the biggest payday of the year. It's a throwaway match more than anything, just as with the men, but it means more money in the pockets of the gals so that makes it worth it to them.

I will say that it's pretty wide open as to who winds up winning, so that adds an element of freshness to it.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hopefully it replaces the Andre battle royal. As much as I enjoy them I don't need two on the same show.

I hope it has some stakes. Or at the very least the winner has to carry around a Moolah sized statue all year.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    I hope it has some stakes.
    This has always been a problem with the ATGBR. Why it could not have been used in some way to elevate someone to some kind of stature is beyond me. Instead, it is just become solely a way to get people on the show - that in itself is not an issue, but either the Moolah or Andre BR can be both that and something more, even if it is something like giving them a shot at a title without any hope of winning.

Say, Becky Lynch wins the Moolah BR and gets a shot at Asuka. Sure, she is likely to get one anyway, but this way it would add some stakes.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    Hopefully it replaces the Andre battle royal. As much as I enjoy them I don't need two on the same show.

I hope it has some stakes. Or at the very least the winner has to carry around a Moolah sized statue all year.
    Moolah wouldn't have it any other way.

6. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Get ready for Sasha and Bayley to be the carrying feud of this battle royal. I bet that neither Sasha or Bayley will turn on each other before this battle royal, but instead, one of the two will eliminate the other, which will be the final straw. The official heel turn of either Sasha or Bayley, will come at the RAW after Wrestlemania.

Also, my possible winners for this are: Lynch, Carmella, Beth Phoenix or Trish Stratus. The first two would make sense for storyline reasons and also because they are two hot names on the division right now. The other two could win just for their name value and in order to advertise the battle royal. I just hope a Bella doesn't win.

As far stakes go, this is WWE. There will be no stakes. Just a prize that has "sentimental and historical value".

8. Likes ShinChan, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just hope that both battle royals end up on the pre-show, so we could get the wrestling action on the main show.

10. Likes ShinChan, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    I just hope that both battle royals end up on the pre-show, so we could get the wrestling action on the main show.
    With Andre's documentary coming up soon, I don't think that it'll take place on the pre-show. And this women's one is the first, so I feel the same for it as well.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wasn't Fabulous Moolah accused of "pimping" girls out to promoters in various territories?

This can't be good PR.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Uhhh sure. It gets everyone on the card, so as long as it's on the pre-show, I'm fine with this.

They should make it mean something. Maybe give the winner a title shot sometime later on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why should the life of a wrestler outside the ring affect their in ring legacy? I never got this. Bussiness is bussiness and personal life is personal life.

Thread Information