Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rex Tillerson Fired as Secretary of State

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Sure, that's logical. The problem is that logic isn't necessarily the most abundant resource in Trump's White House.

Trump is someone that's spent most of his adult life as basically the master of his own universe and he runs the White House like he runs his companies, or at least he tries to. He believes that he should have absolute control, he wants absolute control, and the fact that he simply can't do whatever he feels like is a constant source of frustration for him as POTUS. His advisors and appointees have to sometimes tell him things that he doesn't like or agree with, there's simply no way around that in some situations. Most of them have resigned and I'd say there are varied reasons for that. For some, I just don't think they could continue handling the crazy. For some, they were just constantly clashing with Trump over one thing or another and just had enough. For some, the writing was probably on the wall that Trump just didn't like their performance.
    Yeah, this is pretty on point. Trump is a guy who, for most of his adult life, was in control and with his riches could do just about anything.

The reports come out all the time that in his briefings, his staff has to basically coddle him and only let him view positive news about him. He is a man child who can't handle criticism or negative things about him. It is why Twitter is a perfect platform for him. He can say what he wants, soak in the praise from his unwavering base, and block those who don't worship and praise him. It would not surprise me at all if more than one of his firings has been because someone dared question his logic or point out flaws. in his plans

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    I get why trump wants people in that support him but eventually it'll be a proper shit show
    Eventually??

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Eventually??
    It hasnt really turned to shit yet, its not been great but the world keeps going on. I havent watched the news in a while, has he gone through with his tariffs on all steel or did he end up giving the australian steel an exemption? That could be fun the government over here said if he does that we could be headed for a recession. I'm only trying to get into the workforce that wont completely fuck that at all

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    It hasnt really turned to shit yet, its not been great but the world keeps going on. I havent watched the news in a while, has he gone through with his tariffs on all steel or did he end up giving the australian steel an exemption? That could be fun the government over here said if he does that we could be headed for a recession. I'm only trying to get into the workforce that wont completely fuck that at all
    I'll be honest, it's such a cluster anymore, I don't even remember.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Trump is garbage, and the media has done a fantastic job desensitizing the public to his many legitimate fuck-ups. Cannot treat every move like it's the end of civilization. It energizes his base and makes a lot of non-political people look at the coverage as overly critical. He causes enough real problems, stop covering the small stuff under a constant "BREAKING NEWS" banner.

Thread Information