Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WrestleMania XXXV Location

Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    It does kind of upset me that Indianapolis has this nice and relatively new NFL stadium that is constantly voted among the best stadiums in the US and nothing there.

I get some of the thinking. With the size and scope of Wrestlemania these days, you would need an NFL or large college football stadium to host it. The largest baseball stadium, Dodger Stadium, hold 56k. Ever since Wrestlemania 23, when they started to use actual stadiums as opposed to arenas, the attendance has always been about 70k or higher. Not even the Pope drew those numbers when he was in Dodger Stadium, so there are limited options.

Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum is a literal shithole. The sewage systems frequently drain onto the field so you can rule that out. The new Raiders stadium opening in 2020 in Vegas would be a good shout though. Other than there, and StubHub Center, which is actually just a soccer stadium being rented out to the Chargers, all NFL stadiums hold at least 61k people, with Soldier Field in Chicago being the smallest. There are also numerous college stadiums that hold 60k plus, with a handful even holding 100k plus. So again, there are options. Don't just rotate around the same few areas.

Yea but who wants to travel there for a week? What else is going on there? No one and nothing, is the answer. Add in shitty weather, and there you go. Its just how these things work.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As a New Yorker, I'm estatic for Mania coming home to the New York Metropolitan Area, as now I don't need to buy a hotel to do all the Mania activities. However, I'm very upset at the location for all the non-Mania activities. Barclays Center is a fine arena, and it makes sense to use it for TV's and PPVs in NYC, but for Wrestle Friggin Mania weekend they should be in Madison Square Garden. I assume they do not run TV's there anymore because it costs more money to put the venue on TV, but seriously they should just pony up the big bucks for a special weekend like this. At least for HOF or Takeover.

Given the Timeframe for Wrestlemania, the number of markets to host Mania is limited to massive markets, and primarily ones in warm climates or indoor facilities. New York gets it outdoors in the cold because it's WWE's home turf, but other than that it'll be New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, LA (2020), San Fransisco, Vegas (2020), Dallas, Houston. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a 1 and done in places like Minneapolis (Minnesota), or even a Charlotte (North Carolina). Indianapolis would be in that one-and-done model as well, but the combination of climate, not being a tourist hotspot, and not being a hot wrestling town makes it unlikely.

Those one-and-done type places are more apt to possibly hold other big-4 shows, as they are not as busy shows and Summerslam would work better in Indy and Minneapolis.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They are doing all the shit in Barclays ?!?!

Disgusting. I hate that arena, and hate getting there. Fuck man, that fucking sucks, really.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 13thNorthMan View Post
    They are doing all the shit in Barclays ?!?!

Disgusting. I hate that arena, and hate getting there. Fuck man, that fucking sucks, really.
    Yeah, it's all at Barclays. They haven't announced where Axxess is going to be yet (but probably the Javits Center as putting it in Manhattan makes the most sense).

I actually don't mind Barclays as a building, even though it's marginally more difficult to get to for me (I need to Transfer on the Long Island Railroad instead of just going directly to Penn Station for MSG shows). I've been to Takeover 1 and 2, Summerslam 15, and Raw 25 at the building and the seating was fine. But there's no history. With both MSG and Barclays being dual-occupancy arenas next year (Nets/Islanders in Barclays, Knicks/Rangers in MSG) I would think it would be wise to either split the shows with the 2 NYC venues (RAW/SD at Barclays, Takeover/HOF at MSG), or use Prudential Center.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Thread Information