Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular/Controversial Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
    I never knew there was people in this world that hated Ghostbusters 1984. I didn't think it was possible.
    I don't hate it, but I do think it's overrated as hell. Bill Murray's the only one who makes the movie anything close to decent, yet he's still been in better movies where he's given much funnier performances in my opinion.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I hate South Park. I cannot stand the show. When I was a kid it was always the cool thing to talk about the episode the night before and I even tried to get into it just from my friends always talking about it but I just couldnt. Iâ??ve seen plenty of episodes and never found it remotely funny. If you are into it thatâ??s cool itâ??s just not my cup of tea.

I don't know really how popular, unpopular or controversial this thought is among wrestling fans but I'm of the opinion that the G1 Climax is utterly pointless under its current format.

Since 2012, the winner of New Japan's biggest tourney of the year wins a briefcase containing the "Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Championship Challenge Rights Certificate." This means that the winner of the G1 will challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship in the Tokyo Dome at Wrestle Kingdom in January. First and foremost, given that it isn't like WWE's MITB contract in which the winner can "cash in" at any time and at anyplace, the gimmick itself is redundant. It's just a guy carrying a briefcase for 3.5 months because the winner almost always challenged for the title anyway.

Secondly, the "certificate" aspect is irrelevant since the last ime the winner of the G1 successfully challenged for the title was back in 2010, which was Satoshi Kojima winning it for the 2nd time. Nobody has successfully "cashed in" the "certificate" since the gimmick was introduced to the tourney back in 2012.

Maybe I'm missing the point of the tournament? I mean, I'm willing to entertain that possibility because maybe I am missing something. If it's just to put on strong matches, you don't really need a tournament for that but, at the same time, I suppose that it can also serve as an easy storyline to write as it's something that'll keep all the participants occupied and have something for them to do.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Women who accuse athletes and celebrities of sexual assault and rape from a time before they were famous should not receive any compensation. Yes the athlete should go to jail or whatever but any compensation should be given to charity. Then we'll see how many people want to come forward

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And programs and campaigns designed to end violence against women are a waste of space. I'm sure most men are aware that hitting their partner is not acceptable, but there are other social factors that contribute to them. Alcoholism, poverty, drug abuse, etc. are the diseases and domestic violence is the symptom

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Shit A11. Thatâ??s an interesting call. I remember reading a story about how a guy went to jail for rape for 18 years or something and he didnâ??t do it. At the end of his time it was found out he actually didnâ??t do it and received compensation for it. Was like 2 million or something. His ex-wife who divorced him 3 years into his 18 (or whatever number) year sentence then went to court to get compensation from the 2 million dollars. She claimed itâ??s the money he owes from the divorce if they wouldâ??ve split everything in half but couldnâ??t because he was in jail. So not only is she trying to get money from a guy who just spent 18+ years in prison for a crime he did not commit, but she is trying to get money he didnâ??t even have back then. I shouldnâ??t even be saying trying, she somehow fucking won. What a fucking whore. Going to jail for rape, not much worse things you could go to jail for. Spend 18 fucking years there and then lose like 3/4 of your money to tax and your white ex wife. How more fucked could life get.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalifa View Post
    Shit A11. That’s an interesting call. I remember reading a story about how a guy went to jail for rape for 18 years or something and he didn’t do it. At the end of his time it was found out he actually didn’t do it and received compensation for it. Was like 2 million or something. His ex-wife who divorced him 3 years into his 18 (or whatever number) year sentence then went to court to get compensation from the 2 million dollars. She claimed it’s the money he owes from the divorce if they would’ve split everything in half but couldn’t because he was in jail. So not only is she trying to get money from a guy who just spent 18+ years in prison for a crime he did not commit, but she is trying to get money he didn’t even have back then. I shouldn’t even be saying trying, she somehow fucking won. What a fucking whore. Going to jail for rape, not much worse things you could go to jail for. Spend 18 fucking years there and then lose like 3/4 of your money to tax and your white ex wife. How more fucked could life get.
    That is absolute horseshit

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    [code=a series of thinly veiled misogynistic posts]WOMEN ARE LYING WHORES AND IT SHOULD BE MADE HARDER FOR THEM TO REPORT AND ESCAPE ABUSE[/code]

Edit: Wait, how is my code not working? Guys, how did you get yours to work? Is it something to do with the new forums?

9. Likes HBK-aholic, Gazprom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wew, and I thought my Ghostbusters take was hot...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Chicago style pizza > New York style pizza. Just plain simple.

12. Likes Fire Marshall Bill liked this post

Thread Information