Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular/Controversial Opinions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I do not care for/about New Japan. I also believe Kenny Omega and Okada are the most overrated guys in professional wrestling. Didn't Omega have a match with some under aged young lady????? LOL, WORKRATE though!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For the longest time, I would have agreed with you, but I've given New Japan a fair shake, and I've been extremely impressed with what I've seen so far. The problem is not so much with the performers (except the Young Bucks because fuck the Young Bucks), but with the audience's aristocratic pretensions that they are above the average wrestling fan, that they are more culturally enriched than those who solely watch WWE. People like Meltzer (not his fault for the record) are revered as god-like figures with a better eye for wrestling than someone like KB, solely because of his credentials in the business, and if you don't like puro, then you are somehow objectively dumb to them. It's a symptom of the internet basically.

As far as Omega and Okada go, it does get annoying when they play up to the smark audience, but it's a case of doing what they have to do to get the most profit for the product. It's the same reason why you had Cena doing those cringe-worthy comedy segments in the PG era, because WWE ultimately thought that that was where the money was.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

4. Likes Wildcat66, Jack-Hammer, ShinChan liked this post
    John Wayne was a vastly overrated hack who, for the most part, played almost the exact same sort of character in almost every western he was in. That's not to say he didn't have some good performances now and again but most of his movies featured him as this fairly one dimensional alpha male who spent half the picture spouting right wing propaganda about what a man should or shouldn't be. The guy was also something of a closet white supremacist so I suppose that's tarnished my opinion of him as well.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes stblink liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Star Wars prequels were very good. As a matter of fact, they're better than the original trilogy. They're better made, better shot, better acted, and just all around better. I don't understand the hate for them.

I think college sports players should be compensated in some way. Everyone else is getting rich off of them. Why can't they? Especially if they're going to be forced to play college ball to enter the pros. Either let them enter straight out of high school or pay them for college. No, giving them a scholarship is not paying them. Most of them don't even want to go, they're forced to go.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    The Star Wars prequels were very good. As a matter of fact, they're better than the original trilogy.
    I didn't hate the prequels, but Ep1. And Ep 2 have some sewage in it that really dim the rewatchability and charm that the originals had.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Opinions can indeed be wrong.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Russell Westbrook is the most overrated player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant was right to leave Oklahoma City.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Russell Westbrook is the most overrated player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant was right to leave Oklahoma City.
    I don't think this qualifies as controversial. A lot of people tend to agree with your opinion. I do think that if he'd stop padding his stats and played more within the flow of the game that they'd win a lot more. The Thunder should've been a lot better this season then they were.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think Russell is lacking in skill, I think his problem is that he's a bad teammate. He's a ball hog, a chucker, a bad off-ball player, a hothead, and a glory seeker. If he doesn't learn to put his team above his own stats, he'll never win a ring.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't see how anyone could call Russell Westbrook overrated after last night's performance.

That guy is a once in a lifetime athlete. What he's done these past couple of years is nothing short of remarkable.

Thread Information