Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular/Controversial Opinions

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Are we ready to accept that sticking women in movie roles that originally belonged to men was a bad idea?

It's practically become a new form of exploitation. These films aren't as good, and they likely never will be.

Speaking of tropes that need to die, there is nothing new to tell with "the gay best friend". It's not progressive. It's lazy writing. For the last five years this character has been one of two things - the bro that is coming out of the closet or the comic relief that needs some dick. For me the biggest insult is Riverdale's Kevin, which sucks because for teenie soaps that are The CW Riverdale is a good fucking show. End this already.

Inclusion for progression's sake is worse than no diversity at all.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I want Enzo back in WWE.
    Hell, bring back Enzo and Cass as a tag team. They'd be more over than any other team on Raw, and more over than any on Smackdown other than a reunified Team Hell No, which will likely be pretty short lived.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    Are we ready to accept that sticking women in movie roles that originally belonged to men was a bad idea?

It's practically become a new form of exploitation. These films aren't as good, and they likely never will be.

Speaking of tropes that need to die, there is nothing new to tell with "the gay best friend". It's not progressive. It's lazy writing. For the last five years this character has been one of two things - the bro that is coming out of the closet or the comic relief that needs some dick. For me the biggest insult is Riverdale's Kevin, which sucks because for teenie soaps that are The CW Riverdale is a good fucking show. End this already.

Inclusion for progression's sake is worse than no diversity at all.
    I find it funny that people are complaining about Scarlett Johansson playing a trans gangster. They're saying a trans actor should be playing the part.

1) How many trans actors are there out there
    2) Regardless of how many there are and their suitability for the role, none of them have the mainstream appeal of Scarlett Johansson
    3) The movie probably wouldn't have gotten made without Johansson's involvement.
    4) If you're so annoyed about it make your own movie about it. Just don't expect the same sort of budget.

Reading the story I was actually interested in the movie. I know it wouldn't have grabbed me as much as it did if it was someone with less name value

Hollywood only cares about marketability. Heck that's why they're doing this movie. If people are so wound up about it go do your own movies and if they're good and get exposure Hollywood will come knocking. Bruce Lee wasn't getting any roles in America, he went to Hong Kong and became their biggest action star, Hollywood came knocking. Spike Lee, Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez and countless other Directors/Actors did their own thing and Hollywood came calling. Heck Ryan Coogler and Michael B. Jordan were just doing their own thing and Coogler just directed Black Panther and Michael B. Jordan is looking to be one of the biggest stars going forward.

To quote Ari Gold 'Hilary Swank has a vagina and she won an Oscar pretending she has a dick. That's what actors do, they pretend'.

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Jeans are the most comfortable thing you can sleep in

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do you not get sweaty legs?

8. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wear jeans or chinos if I want to look presentable, but christ, give me tracksuit bottoms if I want to be comfortable.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you don't mind the belt loops and rivets, yeah sure the comfiest.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Jeans are the worst, I have one pair of them and they're only good in that you don't need to clean them too often.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Khaki's are were it's at.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't like The Office.

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information