Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular/Controversial Opinions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    I don't see how anyone could call Russell Westbrook overrated after last night's performance.

That guy is a once in a lifetime athlete. What he's done these past couple of years is nothing short of remarkable.
    In the hypothetical, "You're a GM, pick any one guy in the league to build your team around," Westbrook doesn't even crack my top 10. LeBron, Harden, Steph, Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie, Ben Simmons, Lillard, AD, and of course Giannis are all above him for me. No doubt Westbrook is capable of playing some phenomenal basketball, but he's maybe the most selfish player in the NBA. In the playoffs his shooting splits are 39/35/88. Killing on the free throw line sure, but your superstar can't be putting up shit numbers like that, he's barely doing better than JR Smith. And the Thunder certainly have the talent for a legitimate playoff run, but the Jazz look poised to take the next one and wrap things up.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Khalifa liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If someone told me that Russell Westbrook was a clone of 50% Iverson and 50% Kobe I'd believe it. He's just as selfish, but he's also just as talented. For him to be successful a team similar to Iverson's 2001 team needs to be constructed around him. Mainly defensive players, some 3 pt shooters, and let Westbrook handle the scoring load and shoot as much as he likes.

It got Iverson to the finals. Might get Westbrook a championship.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    If someone told me that Russell Westbrook was a clone of 50% Iverson and 50% Kobe I'd believe it. He's just as selfish, but he's also just as talented. For him to be successful a team similar to Iverson's 2001 team needs to be constructed around him. Mainly defensive players, some 3 pt shooters, and let Westbrook handle the scoring load and shoot as much as he likes.

It got Iverson to the finals. Might get Westbrook a championship.
    Except Westbrook plays in the West and Iverson was in a terrible 2001 Eastern conference. I think Westbrook is already a better player than Iverson, but he needs to adjust to the talent around him. Win or pile up stats? Depends on what really matters to him.

Oh, and get rid of Carmelo.

5. Likes SSJPhenom, Khalifa liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Here's an unpopular opinion. 76ers are conning everybody.

They were 25-25 as recently as February. Then they go 26-6 to finish out the season. Impressive right? Well they were facing teams like the Nets, Hawks, Nuggets, Knicks, Pistons, and all the other fodder in the league during that stretch. It made them seem very good. Which they are, but I don't think they're as good as they're recent collection of wins suggests they are.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't see how anyone could call Russell Westbrook overrated after last night's performance.

That guy is a once in a lifetime athlete. What he's done these past couple of years is nothing short of remarkable.
    What about the first four games in the series?

One decent game doesnâ??t make up for four that ranged from below average to just plain awful.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Everyone makes great points on Westbrook. The one thing I love about him and think he is in a whole other league compared to everyone else is how hard he plays. Obviously everyone gives 100% but with as much speed and power Westbrook gives every effort, I don’t think anyone can measure up. Stat padder, not the greatest team mate but an all time talent.

If we are on the overrated subject let’s throw Curry out there. Dude is the best shooter ever, but I think being on the team with the arguably second greatest shooter ever and having constant all stars around him (David Lee, Iggy, Green, Durant) as well as having one of the better benches every season in the NBA takes away every flaw Curry potentially has. How would he fair on the Grizzlies, Raptors (if you replaced him with Lowry), Charlotte, Heat etc. Teams that don’t have a ridiculous 3 point shooting team like Rockets, Nets, Wizards etc. He would probably still put up 25 but his hectic shots, the ones where he dribbles around for years and then does a step back doubled team 3 pointer would be criticised more. Only ever unanimous MVP just leaves a huge sour taste in my mouth.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
    I didn't hate the prequels, but Ep1. And Ep 2 have some sewage in it that really dim the rewatchability and charm that the originals had.
    Ep 1 is mostly boring until it gets to Darth Maul. Ep 2 is pretty cringey when the love scenes turn up (I hate sand) but a decent amount of it is alright. Ep 3 sits firmly in my top 3 Star Wars movies

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    In the hypothetical, "You're a GM, pick any one guy in the league to build your team around," Westbrook doesn't even crack my top 10. LeBron, Harden, Steph, Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie, Ben Simmons, Lillard, AD, and of course Giannis are all above him for me. No doubt Westbrook is capable of playing some phenomenal basketball, but he's maybe the most selfish player in the NBA. In the playoffs his shooting splits are 39/35/88. Killing on the free throw line sure, but your superstar can't be putting up shit numbers like that, he's barely doing better than JR Smith. And the Thunder certainly have the talent for a legitimate playoff run, but the Jazz look poised to take the next one and wrap things up.
    I see your perspective.

And while I understand the argument that what Westbrook has done isn't the key to having a championship franchise, it's still something no one in the history of the NBA has been able to do, and it's a blast to watch him play.

I think Westbrook is incredibly valuable to the league and fans of the sport will only start to truly appreciate him after he's gone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I see your perspective.

And while I understand the argument that what Westbrook has done isn't the key to having a championship franchise, it's still something no one in the history of the NBA has been able to do, and it's a blast to watch him play.

I think Westbrook is incredibly valuable to the league and fans of the sport will only start to truly appreciate him after he's gone.
    No doubt, he is an exciting player that, when hot, is as good as anyone else in the league.

Last night he took 43 of the Thunder's 93 FGAs though, with a barely respectable 42/37/50 clip. That's not the type of player I want leading my team in a do or die first round playoff game.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bryce Harper will never be as successful as Mike Trout.

Thread Information