Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Unpopular/Controversial Opinions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    I don't see how anyone could call Russell Westbrook overrated after last night's performance.

That guy is a once in a lifetime athlete. What he's done these past couple of years is nothing short of remarkable.
    In the hypothetical, "You're a GM, pick any one guy in the league to build your team around," Westbrook doesn't even crack my top 10. LeBron, Harden, Steph, Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie, Ben Simmons, Lillard, AD, and of course Giannis are all above him for me. No doubt Westbrook is capable of playing some phenomenal basketball, but he's maybe the most selfish player in the NBA. In the playoffs his shooting splits are 39/35/88. Killing on the free throw line sure, but your superstar can't be putting up shit numbers like that, he's barely doing better than JR Smith. And the Thunder certainly have the talent for a legitimate playoff run, but the Jazz look poised to take the next one and wrap things up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If someone told me that Russell Westbrook was a clone of 50% Iverson and 50% Kobe I'd believe it. He's just as selfish, but he's also just as talented. For him to be successful a team similar to Iverson's 2001 team needs to be constructed around him. Mainly defensive players, some 3 pt shooters, and let Westbrook handle the scoring load and shoot as much as he likes.

It got Iverson to the finals. Might get Westbrook a championship.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    If someone told me that Russell Westbrook was a clone of 50% Iverson and 50% Kobe I'd believe it. He's just as selfish, but he's also just as talented. For him to be successful a team similar to Iverson's 2001 team needs to be constructed around him. Mainly defensive players, some 3 pt shooters, and let Westbrook handle the scoring load and shoot as much as he likes.

It got Iverson to the finals. Might get Westbrook a championship.
    Except Westbrook plays in the West and Iverson was in a terrible 2001 Eastern conference. I think Westbrook is already a better player than Iverson, but he needs to adjust to the talent around him. Win or pile up stats? Depends on what really matters to him.

Oh, and get rid of Carmelo.

4. Likes SSJPhenom liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Here's an unpopular opinion. 76ers are conning everybody.

They were 25-25 as recently as February. Then they go 26-6 to finish out the season. Impressive right? Well they were facing teams like the Nets, Hawks, Nuggets, Knicks, Pistons, and all the other fodder in the league during that stretch. It made them seem very good. Which they are, but I don't think they're as good as they're recent collection of wins suggests they are.

Thread Information