Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular/Controversial Opinions

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    It showed him making his own webbing and such.
    And?

Prior to the 2002 Spider-Man film, in which his body produced his own webbing and he had little spinneret like organs on each wrist, he'd always made his own artificial webbing and his web shooters. For a while, the comics went the route of having him producing his own webbing and having the spinnerets in his wrists but, if I'm not mistaken, that's no longer the case. What bothered me in the MCU is that Tony Stark has given so much help to Spider-Man, including, if I'm not mistaken, creating for him a pair of web shooters. In the comics, Spider-Man has never really been a protégé of Tony Stark; that's not to say he doesn't admire him, like him, work with him, etc. but Spider-Man has pretty much always been someone that's stood on his own two feet with his own resources and I wish that was the route they went in the MCU.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    DC > Marvel.

Sorry not sorry.

But Marvel's been kicking DC's ass at the Box Office, so points for them.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People in general are fucking disgusting & horrible

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Prior to the 2002 Spider-Man film, in which his body produced his own webbing and he had little spinneret like organs on each wrist, he'd always made his own artificial webbing and his web shooters. For a while, the comics went the route of having him producing his own webbing and having the spinnerets in his wrists but, if I'm not mistaken, that's no longer the case. What bothered me in the MCU is that Tony Stark has given so much help to Spider-Man, including, if I'm not mistaken, creating for him a pair of web shooters. In the comics, Spider-Man has never really been a protégé of Tony Stark; that's not to say he doesn't admire him, like him, work with him, etc. but Spider-Man has pretty much always been someone that's stood on his own two feet with his own resources and I wish that was the route they went in the MCU.
    Actually in Civil War: The Amazing Spider-Man it happened put pretty much exactly like it did in homecoming down to the hightech suit givento him by Stark & being his protegé. Only difference was his age.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People who want comic book films to be loyal to the source material confuse the shit out of me. Why would you want to watch a film where you already know the result? Makes zero sense to me.

Clearly I'm not a comic book guy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Milenko already said what I was going to say about the whole Stark/Spider-Man relationship. There is precedence for it in the Civil War comic storyline. Not saying that the MCU is following that storyline, but it has happened before in the comics. I like the route that the MCU has gone with Spidey. IMO, he's far and away the best cinematic Spidey we've ever had.

Also, what I meant by my comment about him making his own webbing was that he wasn't a complete imbecile. Clearly, in the MCU, he's still the smart and creative Peter Parker that he's always been in the comics. I actually like how they explained that Stark has been helping him out. Makes more sense then a teenager coming up with and creating all this complex tech out of nowhere with little to no resources.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We focus far too much on later 19th century/early 20th century political philosophers nowadays. The works of Aristotle, Plato, Chanakya, Machiavelli, Hobbes, Aquinas, Stuart Mill, Aurelius, just to name a few, are being exchanged for the radicalism of post-modernism, anarchism, communism and fascism, which has led to an indirect societal focus on the material and what you don't have as opposed to what you do, which has lead to the suffering of billions over the last century and even during this one. People are becoming ideologues instead of functional individuals, martyrs and marionettes to the cause instead of responsive and responsible people.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    We focus far too much on later 19th century/early 20th century political philosophers nowadays. The works of Aristotle, Plato, Chanakya, Machiavelli, Hobbes, Aquinas, Stuart Mill, Aurelius, just to name a few, are being exchanged for the radicalism of post-modernism, anarchism, communism and fascism, which has led to an indirect societal focus on the material and what you don't have as opposed to what you do, which has lead to the suffering of billions over the last century and even during this one. People are becoming ideologues instead of functional individuals, martyrs and marionettes to the cause instead of responsive and responsible people.
    You are a walking r/iamverysmart submission.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    You are a walking r/iamverysmart submission.
    You're right, I need to talk to you like a child.
    Last edited by Fallout; 05-15-2018 at 07:38 AM.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Thread Information