Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular/Controversial Opinions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sarah Jeong is racist and should have never been hired by the New York Times.

She has tweeted things such as:

#cancelwhitepeople

White men are bull****

Oh man. Itâ??s sick how much joy I get from being cruel to old white men

Dumb*** f***ing white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants

Honestly how do you defend this? She should be fired immediately.

Hate should never be tolerated, no matter who it comes from.

2. Likes BaconBits liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm tired of reading stories about how fucking emojis are going to be more inclusive. Like, I'm a cis straight white male in America, I'm practically impossible to exclude and discriminate against, but Apple acting like they are changing the world by making the sports emojis both male and female, or having ginger haired emojis is bullshit. Inclusion is important, but if you need an emoji to validate yourself, you have bigger issues.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post

#cancelwhitepeople

White men are bull****

Oh man. Itâ??s sick how much joy I get from being cruel to old white men

Dumb*** f***ing white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants

I kind of have to disagree on principle on this one. I abhor the double standards that the contemporary left are employing right now, but I am consistent enough in my beliefs to believe that no-one should be fired for the skeletons in their closet. If they're still a problem, they'll come out on display soon enough.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    I kind of have to disagree on principle on this one. I abhor the double standards that the contemporary left are employing right now, but I am consistent enough in my beliefs to believe that no-one should be fired for the skeletons in their closet. If they're still a problem, they'll come out on display soon enough.
    Well, NYT put out a statement that more or less said she isnâ??t going anywhere. Well have to see if she does that stupid shit again, but I doubt it.

Itâ??s bullshit like this that makes people distrust the media.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    I'm tired of reading stories about how fucking emojis are going to be more inclusive. Like, I'm a cis straight white male in America, I'm practically impossible to exclude and discriminate against, but Apple acting like they are changing the world by making the sports emojis both male and female, or having ginger haired emojis is bullshit. Inclusion is important, but if you need an emoji to validate yourself, you have bigger issues.
    Itâ??s the same with the ever expanding LGBTABCDEFEGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ tag. They keep adding letters to reduce people to a letter in an acronym. Itâ??s really disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post

#cancelwhitepeople

White men are bull****

Oh man. It’s sick how much joy I get from being cruel to old white men

Had it been a white person posting such things about Asians, African Americans or whomever, you can bet that the entire civil rights alphabet would be up the New York Times' ass almost immediately, but as long as it's whites getting bashed then it seems to be okay. I wouldn't be surprised that if someone did make a stink about it, you'd have someone say something along the lines of "well what about all the centuries of white oppression?" as if that makes it okay. Either racism is okay or it's not, enough of this double standard bullshit.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconBits View Post
    It’s the same with the ever expanding LGBTABCDEFEGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ tag. They keep adding letters to reduce people to a letter in an acronym. It’s really disrespectful.
    LGBTQQIP2SAA is an actual one, absolutely ridiculous.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconBits View Post
    It’s the same with the ever expanding LGBTABCDEFEGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ tag. They keep adding letters to reduce people to a letter in an acronym. It’s really disrespectful.
    It doesn't help that every few weeks some kid on Tumblr has to come up with a new sexuality to make sure they are the most unique. I really do feel close minded and somewhat bigoted at times, but I truly don't understand the need for all the different labels. Like I get LGBT, and I get that some people are asexual, but is it really necessary to go deeper than that?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't get why people have a fascination with digging through a famous person's entire twitter account to find tweets from 6-8 years ago where they said things they shouldn't have said. These things wouldn't even come to light if certain people had a life.

13. Likes Fallout, Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Or...stop sharing defamatory shit with the world? Seems this has become a forgotten talent, especially when said persons are in a position of power. Just stop telling everyone how much of a dipshit you are. Cuts down the problem a lot.

People are going to get nosey when it comes to celebrities. That's natural and why TMZ stays in business. Fault lies in the person sharing, not the person that can finds it so readily available.
    Last edited by Spidey; 08-03-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Thread Information