Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular/Controversial Opinions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    Or...stop sharing defamatory shit with the world? Seems this has become a forgotten talent, especially when said persons are in a position of power. Just stop telling everyone how much of a dipshit you are. Cuts down the problem a lot.

People are going to get nosey when it comes to celebrities. That's natural and why TMZ stays in business. Fault lies in the person sharing, not the person that can finds it so readily available.
    This logic is used to defend things such as doxing by the way.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Or...stop sharing defamatory shit with the world? Seems this has become a forgotten talent, especially when said persons are in a position of power. Just stop telling everyone how much of a dipshit you are. Cuts down the problem a lot.

People are going to get nosey when it comes to celebrities. That's natural and why TMZ stays in business. Fault lies in the person sharing, not the person that can finds it so readily available.
    Oh I fully agree they shouldn't have said these things in the first place, I don't think anybody will argue that they should have. But it doesn't change the fact that it's ridiculous people feel the need to dig through their twitter feed, likely through hundreds if not thousands of tweets, just hoping to find comments that will ruin their character. Everybody says stupid shit when they're young, it's just a matter of some make the mistake of posting it online and getting famous.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    This logic is used to defend things such as doxing by the way.
    If you have an askewed sense of what doxing is, I guess so.
    Last edited by Spidey; 08-04-2018 at 12:40 AM.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skairipa View Post
    Oh I fully agree they shouldn't have said these things in the first place, I don't think anybody will argue that they should have. But it doesn't change the fact that it's ridiculous people feel the need to dig through their twitter feed, likely through hundreds if not thousands of tweets, just hoping to find comments that will ruin their character. Everybody says stupid shit when they're young, it's just a matter of some make the mistake of posting it online and getting famous.
    She didn't just say something stupid. She said extremely racist and hateful things. What she said isn't common for anyone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Most memes aren't funny at all after the first couple of times. After then, it's just the same joke over and over and over again.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Chicago > New York

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Courtney Love caught so much shit in the day over the same things Kurt Cobain was pulling it's crazy in hindsight. She didn't deserve all the ridicule.

Hole was also a terrific grunge band and should be right up there with the other 90s greats.

10. Likes Alex liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Courtney Love caught so much shit in the day over the same things Kurt Cobain was pulling it's crazy in hindsight. She didn't deserve all the ridicule.

Hole was also a terrific grunge band and should be right up there with the other 90s greats.
    I totally agree with this. I don't believe she had anything to do with his death whatsoever.

1.) Dude was crazy depressed and had many problems before he met her

2.) She could have milked him for so much money because she was A) married to him and B) They had a kid together so she would have been getting money regardless.

In regards to her actual talent. I challenge anyone to listen to the first 3 Hole albums (Pretty On The Inside, Live Through This and Celebrity Skin) and say she's not a good vocalist/songwriter. Hole were definitely one of the best bands of the 90s. She's a decent actress as well (I guess that's what you get when you're possibly Marlon Brando's grandaughter)

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The level of hate she gets is typically in direct relation to how much you value Kurt Cobain himself.

I've always held that Kurt and Nirvana as a whole are overrated. Most celebrities who commit suicide or die young due to a tragedy usually are. Most people can only name Smells Like Teen Spirit, and even then I'm not 100% sure they know the actual name. It isn't like Love pulled a Yoko. Kurt was never really comfortable with success and the more famous he got, the more his anxiety and depression probably got to him. She may have sped up the process, because lets be honest she had her own baggage that definitely fueled the flames, but I think Kurt offing himself was always going to be the end result.

Now if you want to talk about musical suicides, Elliott Smith is one that hurts me, because I truly don't think he killed himself but was instead murdered by his girlfriend and it was staged as a suicide.

13. Likes Fallout, Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    People should never get offended by a joke of any kind. No matter the topic or how offensive or dark it might be

Why? Because it's just a joke. People don't mean any harm by them, and they're just trying to get a few laughs.
    Close thread its never going to get more controversial than this

Thread Information