Thread: AJ Styles Injured?

AJ Styles Injured?

There are reports/rumors going around that AJ Styles may be suffering from some sort of injury.

Styles didn't compete in last night's house show in Odessa, TX and it was announced before the show that he wouldn't be appearing due to an injury suffered Friday night at a show at MSG. However, there's a strong chance that it's a work, or Vince trying to give the internet a stroke. At the MSG show, Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura were set to face Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a tag match but an injury angle was done at the beginning of the show where Owens and Zayn "injured" Styles. Styles had to be assisted to the back after referees threw up the "X" sign, which typically indicates that immediate attention is needed for a legitimate injury, and photos have popped up showing Styles being helped to the back while limping. The scheduled tag match was changed to a singles bout between Nakamura & Owens, which Nakamura won by disqualification after Zayn interfered. Styles' injury appeared to have been an angle, as he came back and made the save for Nakamura. However, he was still limping when he came back to the ring. Styles not appearing at last night's live event in Odessa would suggest that he suffered some sort of legitimate injury sometime during the past week.

My gut feeling is that it's a combination of legit injury and a work. Styles may indeed have some sort of minor injury to his leg earlier in the week and the injury angle was a way to keep him from having to compete in a match and possibly aggravate the injury. The reason I say the injury is minor, or believed to be minor if he is indeed injured, as Styles got physical both at the beginning and end of the MSG show. Missing the show in Texas last night also suggests that something might legitimately wrong and they're keeping Styles out of action, possibly right up to WrestleMania to give the injury time to heal so that his scheduled WWE Championship match against Nakamura.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Anyone paying to see a Smackdown House Show is only spending their hard earned money to see AJ Styles. There's nothing else worth seeing from that shitty brand.

So, I'd like to think WWE wouldn't screw over their paying customers like that, and that AJ sincerely needed the night off to let an injury heal.

At the same time, of course I hope it's nothing serious and that AJ will be fine going into Wrestlemania. He deserves this match more than anyone.

Thread Information