Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Speech Is Dying In The United Kingdom

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Free Speech Is Dying In The United Kingdom

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/youtube-co...145920581.html

If you find a dog being taught how to do a nazi salute "grossly offensive", you should actually rethink your life, or at the very least ignore it and find something else to occupy yourself with instead of punishing a man for making a joke on the internet. It's also indicative of the double standards that exist towards extremist ideologies in the United Kingdom and the western world in general; I'm sure if I made a video of my cat in a ushanka with a hammer and sickle, the courts would not bat an eyelid.

You can argue whether or not the joke was funny, or if it was in good taste, but the fact that a man is being convicted for this, whilst the police in this country did nothing about rape gangs in Telford should deeply disturb you, and be an indication that the British police force does not have its priorities straight.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you are teaching a dog to a Nazi salute on Nazi commands, you need to rethink your life.

3. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Are you shitting me? Surely you know how the police work? Those investigating those who deal with hate crimes in Scotland are not the same as those investigating rape in Telford.

Then there's the fact that he trained his dog to respond to evil commands. Hitler saying gas the jews etc. you want that as freedom of speech? That's not freedom of speech that being a horrible bastard.

5. Likes HBK-aholic, Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Also freedom of speech is not a constitutional right in the UK. We have the freedom of expression unless the law says otherwise. The Communications act of 2003 does on this occasion.

I have a feeling you would have been against the Christian couple who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple.

7. Likes HBK-aholic, Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
    If you are teaching a dog to a Nazi salute on Nazi commands, you need to rethink your life.
    You can't tell me with a straight face that this is worth conviction over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Are you shitting me? Surely you know how the police work? Those investigating those who deal with hate crimes in Scotland are not the same as those investigating rape in Telford.

Then there's the fact that he trained his dog to respond to evil commands. Hitler saying gas the jews etc. you want that as freedom of speech? That's not freedom of speech that being a horrible bastard.
    I know that, but it's indicative that the resources are being allocated in the wrong places. Don't you think it's a problem that child rape gangs are being placed on the backburner, especially when the UK authorities think that making a dog do a Nazi salute is worth allocating resources towards?

Also, "evil commands" is laughable and comparing it to an authoritarian statesman legislating the genocide of an entire ethnic group is about the biggest leap in logic you could muster.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It doesn't take many resources to investigate a potential crime when he videoed himself doing it.

As for whether it is conviction worthy or not, I would say that it is borderline and his excuse is weak. Saying such things at all is irresponsible and such stupidity is just asking for trouble. He gets no sympathy from me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
    It doesn't take many resources to investigate a potential crime when he videoed himself doing it.

As for whether it is conviction worthy or not, I would say that it is borderline and his excuse is weak. Saying such things at all is irresponsible and such stupidity is just asking for trouble. He gets no sympathy from me.
    No, but does it require any?

I would say he doesn't need an excuse; it's not as if he's made any threats of violence towards an individual or group, something that would be more debatable (a Nazi salute on its own is not an incitement of violence, otherwise historical documentaries would be down the shitter). Is it stupid? That's subjective, but I'd say it's stupid. What's objective is that the most harm this is going to cause is a few hurt feelings, before those people offended find something else more to their liking and move on with their lives.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Believe you me, I know a lot more what's happening with grooming investigations than you will ever know. Don't you fucking dare use that as an excuse for a fucking idiot breaking the law.

12. Likes Wildcat66, Fillet Club liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Of course, he needs an excuse.

If he doesn't have one, then he is a Nazi, posting Nazi propaganda and calling for the extermination of Jews...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Guys, Sargon of Akkad clearly told Fallout what to think on this issue, so don't bother trying to change his mind. The sheep (Fallout) has been placed in his pen (being an alarmist about non-issues).

15. Likes Fillet Club liked this post

Thread Information