Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Bryan cleared to wrestle!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WrestleMania season just became a whole lot more interesting. There's been a long build-up about something with Shane, Owens and Zayne and finally it can conclude in the ring.

Initial reports suggest this is part time, but I'm not complaining. It's better for him to ease into action instead of going in head first (no pun intended). There are many dream matches that can happen. AJ Styles, Nakamura, Balor, Rollins, even Miz with whom he had some great build which can be explored post mania.

So many possibilities!

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    HBK post back injury is a very astute observation for the most part and I think he'll be treated similarly - almost constant screen presence alongside semi-regular in-ring schedule.

I'm over the moon for him (selfishly for me too of course) and his mere presence makes the Sami/Kevin/Shane storyline worth it. Back in the place where he achieved the pinnacle, Daniel Bryan returns to slay the thorns in his side (obviously Miz would've been ideal, but this works with Zayn/Owens too).

I hope he modifies is style to accommodate less potential for neck/head trauma and can remain healthy beyond a few months. The potential matches available to him are staggering even with only two years passing since his retirement. Styles, Nak, Strowman, Balor, Roode, Zayn, Owens, the list goes on for potential slobberknockers.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    Just give me the Brock Lesnar match. Just give me that match. Even if it kills him. Even if it kills me. Everything else is gravy.
    Summerslam 2013 Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan? Sure. That's a dream match.

Suplex City Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan? Please no, unless Bryan wins.

6. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Everytime Bryan dives through the ropes or delivers a flying headbutt, my heart will stop.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    Are we just forgetting Lesnar's match against AJ Styles at Survivor Series in November?

10. Likes #AbsoluteUnit, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Summerslam 2013 Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan? Sure. That's a dream match.

Win or lose, wrestling fans should be happy with a great match. But yeah, I want him to win as well.

Are we just forgetting Lesnar's match against AJ Styles at Survivor Series in November?
    Apparently. I share your enthusiasm for this match and now that it's possible, the letdown when it doesn't happen will probably put me in the dirt as well.

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In my heart, I will always believe that Brock Lesnar can deliver better matches if he drops the Suplex City thing, even if some of his matches right now are good (Fatal-4-Way, Joe, Styles, RR 2015, WM 31). These matches would have been better and could be better. But I get it, "sports entertainment" and "WWE Universe". There's demand for Suplex City, trademarks and brands, more than there's demand of actual in ring competition. That has always been the WWE since the first day Vince took over.

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just give me the Brock Lesnar match. Just give me that match. Even if it kills him. Even if it kills me. Everything else is gravy.
    To add something more.. I still remember that back in 2015 or late 2014, Bryan did an interview saying that he wants Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31 and that if that match happens, he has something in mind that fans in the USA have never seen before... It still buffles me, up to this day. What kind of masterpiece Bryan had in mind.

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    To add something more.. I still remember that back in 2015 or late 2014, Bryan did an interview saying that he wants Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31 and that if that match happens, he has something in mind that fans in the USA have never seen before... It still buffles me, up to this day. What kind of masterpiece Bryan had in mind.
    I remember that interview and have the same deep curiosity. At this point, though, I have too little faith in Lesnar's tenure to hope for that match. I do hope, however, Daniel's idea translates well in a match with, say, Strowman, or even Sullivan.

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I remember that interview and have the same deep curiosity. At this point, though, I have too little faith in Lesnar's tenure to hope for that match. I do hope, however, Daniel's idea translates well in a match with, say, Strowman, or even Sullivan.
    Or Joe...

20. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information