Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania: Raw Tag Team Title Match - The Bar vs. Braun Stowman & Mystery Partner

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WrestleMania: Raw Tag Team Title Match - The Bar vs. Braun Stowman & Mystery Partner

I listen to a Podcast and they suggested that Strowman is still without a partner right before the match is about to happen and Angle forces him to choose somebody. In haste Braun grabs Curt Hawkins and that's how his underexposed losing streak ends. I kind of like the idea of a team where one member is petrified of the other, and it protects Braun because he'd basically be in handicap matches for the duration.

Alternatively I'd like to see Joe be his partner. It would be such a badass team until the inevitable split and it's not like Strowman is going to be challenging for the Universal Championship until at least SummerSlam.

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Some said this: "Have Elias be his mystery partner. Elias gets to do his concert. Bruan comes out and knocks the shit out of him. Then Elias spends the entire match being unconscious, while Braun wins the match by himself. After the victory, Elias wakes up and celebrates like he won. He goes for a song, but Braun breaks the guitar on him, or does another astonishing feat"

And I think that's a wonderful idea, that will create a moment that will be remembered and replayed for many years to come.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The theory I heard was not dissimilar to what Jake noted with Hawkins: bring in James Ellsworth. For Braun this whole thing is literally a practicality/technicality rather than something he wants, so he brings in someone he knows isn't going to give him trouble and given that they have pre-established history, it would be hilarious to see Ellsworth running around terrified of his tag partner who he knows from first hand experience will murderise him.

Alternatively, Jake's suggestion of a Joe/Strowman team sounds great and the inevitable feud between the two would be dynamite.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We got a classic case of "What's he even need a partner for?" right here. That may be what they're going for if his partner is indeed Curt Hawkins or a chronically-coldcocked Elias. But whether that's the case or not, the build to this match is suffering. Can't help but feel the Bar needed to take Braun out with a good ol' two-on-one tonight.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In order for WWE to make more HISTORY!, Braun should pick Alexa Bliss.

She should pull double-duty, losing quickly and decisively to Nia and then return late in the show to pin a destroyed Sheamus.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know this is way out there, but what if Johnny Gargano comes up and becomes his partner? I had a real good in-depth thought about how this would work, but I totally forgot about it now.

10. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What about Rey Mysterio? He's been reported to be returning for a while now. Now I don't hate this, but I still prefer Joe or Elias. Although I'd get why Vince would pair Rey and Braun. That would be cool to see and would get eyes on Braun, given Rey's popularity.

12. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    What about Rey Mysterio? He's been reported to be returning for a while now. Now I don't hate this, but I still prefer Joe or Elias. Although I'd get why Vince would pair Rey and Braun. That would be cool to see and would get eyes on Braun, given Rey's popularity.
    He recently got injured. So, he isn't coming back anytime soon.

14. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's a definite missed opportunity by not having a segment on Raw where Braun conducts open auditions on a panel alongside Alexa Bliss and James Ellsworth.

16. Likes DNA 2.0, smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So best I can tell, this feud is between Braun Strowman and bureaucracy. This isn't a case of "Who's going to help even the odds against The Bar?" but rather "Can Braun find a loophole that will let him continue destroying The Bar all by himself?" It's a shame, I'm a big fan of everyone involved, but I find this to be the weakest angle going into WrestleMania. I'm not even having much fun speculating on who the mystery partner is, because the storyline has already told me that they don't really matter.

The Bar touched upon whoever Braun picks will be the de facto weakest link, and therefore the intended target of the team at WrestleMania. That was good, but it'd have been nicer to see that developed a little more solidly. Hell, write a scenario in which Sheamus and Cesaro get to pick Braun's partner for him. They could have picked a jobber like Hawkins, or someone who doesn't like Braun like Big Show, and there would be some fun watching that blow up in their faces.

Thread Information