View Poll Results: Should WWE welcome Hulk Hogan back to the company?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let Hulk Back

9 64.29%
  • Keep Hulk Away

5 35.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you for or against Hulk Hogan returning to WWE?

Aside from the Gawker lawsuit, Hogan has kept a pretty low profile the past few years. He hasn't become tabloid fodder by going about and shooting his mouth off, he hasn't caused any scenes or embarrassing incidents and, in some ways, the whole thing was a blessing in disguise for Hogan. For instance, the lawsuit allowed him to rebuild his fortune after Linda took him to the cleaners in divorce court and the millions he spent trying to buy Brooke Hogan a platinum music career.

As for whether I'm for or against, I'm leaning more towards against him returning to WWE but not for reasons some might think. What Hogan said was disgusting and while I'm not justifying it, anybody can lose their temper and say idiotic things that they regret later. The reasons I'm not really all that interested in having him return is because I don't want another nostalgia act all over my television every Monday night. Hogan's almost 65 years old, which is officially senior citizen territory, he hasn't feasibly been able to deliver inside the ring for well over a decade due to age and injury, WWE won't let him get physical because of injuries aside from MAYBE throwing a few right hands now and then and I'm just not interested in seeing a senior citizen "beat up" some 30 year old guy, even if it's a jobber, just so people who were fans in the 80s and 90s can get some sort of rush out of it. Hogan's been out of the spotlight for several years now and, as I said, he's kept a low profile so this is the chance to just let him fade away and leave the spotlight behind for good.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes smarkmouth, jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Hogan is horry for what he said and has changed how he feels, then he should return. If not, he shouldn't return.

So has he changed? Well besides Hogan, who really knows. I think Vince and WWE just has to go with their gut. If they think Hogan has changed, let him return.

4. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have no real opinion. I think a lot of people know Hogan is and always has been a piece of shit. Him dropping racial slurs and cucking his best friend's wife doesn't surprise me.

The rumor is that Hogan will eventually replace Bryan as the SD GM. I don't think that will really move the needle, I think a lot of people are over Hogan as an attraction, especially on a near full time basis in that role. He wouldn't make me tune out though.

6. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't particularly care one way or the other. If he comes back, great. If He doesn't, that's great too. Whatever ends up working out the best for both parties is the road they should go down.

8. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't really care either way. Hogan is man caught in a bubble within the early wrestling world. He's ignorant and has said stupid things. He was caught saying something in a manner that invaded his privacy. If he does come back, given what happened last time, we know he's not crossing any lines.

10. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I think it is understandable why the WWE froze Hogan out, but at the end of the day, Hogan was caught on tape in what he thought was a private moment and was likely to ranting, as so many people do in their private time. If any of us were caught at a bad time, I'm sure we all would have something we'd regret.

I think it's time to bring Hogan back.
    I think that's easy to say when he was ranting about a group of people that you are not a representative of. I have a black friend that loves WWE, and I think he'd be heartbroken if they gave him another chance after what he said and I can't blame him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People have done worse and have been brought back. I will always have a soft spot for the Hulkster being as he's the reason I watch WWE to this day along with millions of other people. There will just always be something about hearing Real American play while Hulk is strutting down the aisle. I say if both parties are fine with it then by all means.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    I think that's easy to say when he was ranting about a group of people that you are not a representative of. I have a black friend that loves WWE, and I think he'd be heartbroken if they gave him another chance after what he said and I can't blame him.
    Barack Obama basically targeted public school teachers as the biggest problem with education in this country and I would have taken him for a third term over either Clinton or Trump. I've worked alongside a person who told my cousin my mother was a liar (which facts showed was patently untrue).

No, I'm fairly certain I'd hold the same position regardless. At the end of the day, they were his private thoughts at a difficult time in his life and he just ranted. We've all had those moments. His just got illegally recorded and broadcast to the entire world.

14. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't care to see him again, but that isn't because of what he said. Maybe he's a scumbag racist, or maybe he was a dad calling a guy the worst thing he could think of. Who knows. I do feel, however, that people do not have to go away for private comments, no matter how ugly the comment is.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What is Hulk Hogan returning as? I do not need to see him wrestle ever again. I also don't need to see him every week.

Should they bring him back onto the fold for various legends-related things? ABSOLUTELY. Have him show up to things akin to RAW 25, Hall of Fame, etc. Put him in Video games (he should most deifnitely be the pre-order character like Angle, Goldberg, Sting, and Warrior were the past 4 years), interview him for various documentaries/network shows, etc.

While I do not think making him the GM is a great idea, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

By the way, there's no better time for this return then on Sunday April 8th, at the Silverdome......
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

17. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Thread Information