Thread: Shane McMahon Hospitalized With Diverticulitis

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shane McMahon Hospitalized With Diverticulitis

WWE.com reports Shane McMahon had to cut his vacation in the island of Antigua after being stricken with a bout of Diverticulitis.

Shane had to be hospitalized for days before being taken back to New York City to stabilize. Suffering from an umbilical hernia, Shane will require surgery once the condition alleviates to remove it which more than likely kills any idea of him competing at Wrestlemania in less than two weeks.

Brock Lesnar famously suffered from Diverticulitis for years, during his transition from UFC to the WWE, requiring surgery and putting Lesnar in great health risks at various points.

It's highly doubtful this is an angle given the peculiar illness listed when they already had a 'ready-made' storyline injury with Shane McMahon being Powerbombed through a metal contraption on Smackdown two weeks ago. Not to mention, the article mentions Shane's vacation which was more than likely the reason he was written off TV in the first place.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yikes, I didn't want Shane on the card, but this is a pretty significant blow. Hoping for the swiftest recovery for Shane.

I have to imagine that WWE is looking for a replacement partner for Daniel Bryan in the rumoured match against KO and Sami. I can't see them letting Daniel work a match that he can't tag out of. Someone's about to get a surprise WrestleMania payday.

A Team Hell No reunion would be a little forced, but not the worst thing. Otherwise if they really want to pop the indie-est of their fanbase of the crowd, get Samoa Joe to play up all four men's history.

But let's face it, it's gonna be Dolph Ziggler.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    But let's face it, it's gonna be Dolph Ziggler.
    Alas, that would be the most likely option. With Braun already having a surprise partner and the 'mystery' over whether or not Undertaker will accept Cena's challenge, one would assume that they'll want to announce whoever Bryan is teaming with (they'll retain the tag element I'm sure). Given his involvement last week and his history with Bryan as well as being involved somewhat with Zayn and Owens with the Fastlane main event, Ziggler does seem the most obvious and logical choice.

I mean, I'd love for Rusev to get a shot at this because, y'know, he's over like rover and a combined Rusev Day/YES! chant/team would be incredible, but he's from Eastern Europe and must therefore be evil and in no way associated with the most popular act of the last ten years.

It's actually a pretty common disease but the severity of the symptoms range from being little more than a very mild inconvenience to life threatening. For instance, my mother was diagnosed with it, but all she had to do was alter her diet a little whereas Brock Lesnar had to have several feet of his intestines removed, slipped into a coma and was basically an inch away from death. The report makes it seem like it's a bit more than an inconvenience and the hernia surgery itself will certainly keep Shane out of WrestleMania.

As for who they'd replace him with, I think there's a possibility Bryan may "request" that it be a handicap match in which he takes Owens and Zayn on single handedly. Bryan does well in the match but the numbers game but the issues between Owens and Zayn start up during the match and escalates to the point where Bryan is able to use their focus on each other to pick up the victory. It's not out of the realm of possibility and would fit in with Bryan's stubborn, pit bull mentality.

I think it's unlikely that WWE will go in that direction, however, so I'd be okay if a member of New Day stepped up as sort of a one time thing or, if he's medically cleared, Jeff Hardy could pop up and offer to help Bryan out in this situation. Maybe even Roderick Strong could be a surprise partner for him so it'd be sort of an indie dream tag team match.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sucks for Shane. The illness seems way more than just a mild inconvenience. Hoping for a speedy recovery, but this kind of guarantees his unavailability for Mania.

As for replacement, how about Jericho? He already has history with Owens, and his tour schedule looks like April 9 is free. The story writes itself. He can straight walk into Mania teaming with Bryan.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This sucks for Shane, and even though I wasn't looking forward to the tag match, they don't have much else to do with these three aside from adding a random 4th. It would be cool to see Jericho, but he is scheduled for a show on the 8th, so he would either have to cancel or he won't be able to do it. I think I wouldn't mind a returning superstar. Namely, Big Cass. Cass is cleared, he works well with smaller guys, and can come back looking strong.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for Shane.

As for the replacement, I'm really hoping for Samoa Joe, but it's probably going to be Ziggler. Oh joy. At least Bryan is back though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Would be cool if Bryan comes out on smackdown tonight and says he was allowed to wrestle against Zayn and Owens only if he was able to find a partner. Which he did and is Smackdown's newest signing Jeff Hardy. No it won't happen a few weeks after Jeff became brother drunko but I can still dream.

Unfortunately it will be Ziggler. I could go for Kane as well and I think everyone would like seeing Hell No one more time.

Thread Information