Thread: Charlotte Flair Injured?

Charlotte Flair Injured?

WWE's announced that Charlotte Flair is suffering from an undisclosed injury and they've got something up on Facebook regarding fans voting for her replacement on tonight's Mixed Match Challenge as she's unable to compete. The report states that Charlotte didn't work any house shows over the weekend and that her match against Natalya on last week's SmackDown Live was the last she's worked, though it noted that she did compete in a six woman tag team match the night before.

The announcement regarding Mixed Match Challenge is as follows:

"With SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair unable to compete on WWE Mixed Match Challenge tonight due to injury, a fan vote will determine Bobby Roode's new partner against the Second Chance Fan Vote-winning tandem of Finn Bálor & Sasha Banks."

"The charismatic team of Bálor & Banks kicked off the groundbreaking tournament in Week 1 with a tough win over Shinsuke Nakamura & Natalya, but their hopes for triumph came crashing down when they were defeated in a hard-fought second-round contest against "Team Awe-ska." Nevertheless, the WWE Universe made it very clear that they wanted "The Boss Club" back in the mix, handing them an incredible 40 percent of the Second Chance Vote. Now that The Boss and The Extraordinary Man have their names back in the brackets, a victory tonight would set up a rematch against the very team that defeated them in the first place. But, who exactly will they be facing? Which Superstar does the WWE Universe think can will replace Flair as Roode's tag team partner?"

If Charlotte does have some sort of significant injury, it couldn't come at a worse time as we're just 12 days from WrestleMania where she's set to defend the SmackDown Women's Championship against Asuka. It'll be a real shame if Charlotte has to miss the show, a shame for Asuka as well, as this is a bout people want to see.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For last night's Mixed Match Challenge, Roode and replacement Becky Lynch picked up the W. In what should be seen as a good sign, the finals are being advertised as Miz and Asuka vs Roode and Flair. I suppose it was just a precautionary measure.

Now, my concern; they're not going to break the streak on the MMC to add fuel to the WrestleMania match, are they?

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think I read it was just an infection in her mouth and had to be looked at by a dentist and she was still recovering from it as of last night's MMC. Not a big issue thankfully as it looks like the women's money match at Mania is still on.

I really don't like the fact that WWE has their guys and girls wrestle this much before Mania. Imagine going into the biggest match of your career on the biggest stage imaginable and getting injured during a stupid mixed tag team match. A lot can be accomplished just by talking or video packages I don't need to see Shinsuke Nakamura have a competitive match before going against AJ Styles at Mania. I know it will be a huge match and it will deliver just don't derail it by having your marquee guys have matches at live events and shows like MMC because of the danger of getting injured so close. You have a roster of around 150 people. A random ass town in Indiana being sad that AJ Styles isn't wrestling shouldn't be on your list of concerns when he's in the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania in a few weeks.

Thread Information