Thread: WrestleMania: SD Live Triple Threat Tag Team Title Match

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WrestleMania: SD Live Triple Threat Tag Team Title Match

Confirmed as of last night's SmackDown, the long expected threeway is announced with The Usos defending versus The New Day and The Bludgeon Brothers. This should be a cracking contest. The Usos have tremendous chemistry with both teams and it's hard to see New Day and the ex-Wyatt's not having similar compatibility.

The real question is whether or not this makes the main card (it'd make an excellent opening match). At one point a major point of contention between the champs and their long-term rivals in New Day was the fact the former had never made the main Mania card. The need to come together to head off the destructive capabilities of the Bludgeon Brothers has allowed for that point to fade into the background so it's likely they're primed for that final pre-show slot.

Winners? I wouldn't be shocked if the Usos retained actually. The fact it's a threeway allows for them to keep the gold without having to beat the Brothers who are clearly getting the gold (silver) soon. One imagines they'll do a token title change at the upcoming Saudi show and this would fit the bill there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Unless they add a ladder stipulation I just don't see this making the main card. I like all the teams but it's only happening because it's a barren division.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Come April 8th it will be interesting to see which matches make the main show and which get moved to the pre show. In one of my predictions I had the pre show matches be:

Andre the Giant Battle Royal
    Raw Women's Championship
    Women's Battle Royal
    United States Championship

I can't see acts like the New Day and Usos making the pre show due to being one of the only great things about Smackdown over the last year. They had some killer matches and it would be nice to reward both with a spot on the main card for their efforts. This match will be pretty crazy so I'm not sure where it would fit in on the main card as you need some matches that can bring you back down to earth. Would be a great opener though I think.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What about the story of the Usos finally making the main card? Are they just gonna forget about it and put this match on the pre-show?

Hopefully not because this could be the best match on the show if it gets enough time (around 12-15 minutes). We all know how good the Usos and New Day matches were, and Harper and Rowan are severely underrated in the ring.

As for the winner, itâ??s probably going to be Harper and Rowan. Either the New Day or the Usos may be headed to Raw, and theyâ??ve had the belts enough anyways.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So they're going on the card because they've never been on the card before? I'm not sure how compelling a story that is. They should go on the card if their feud us big enough to make it on a card. If Usos vs. New Day hadn't ended last year and been needlessly revived it probably would be.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    So they're going on the card because they've never been on the card before? I'm not sure how compelling a story that is. They should go on the card if their feud us big enough to make it on a card. If Usos vs. New Day hadn't ended last year and been needlessly revived it probably would be.
    A few weeks ago on Smackdown, The Usos were talking about how they had never been on the main card of WrestleMania. However the implication was that they finally would be this year as more or less a reward for the tremendous feud with the New Day that basically carried Smackdown. Why even bring all of that up if theyâ??re still going to be on the pre-show?

Also the match is big enough for the main card. This is basically the final chapter in the New Day and the Usos feud with the Bludgeon Brothers added to make it fresh. Besides this match is certainly more deserving than the two meaningless Battle Royals, Alexa vs Nia, the cruiserweights, and the US Title match.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Deserve and earn are strange terms to use in wrestling. I mean Braun Strowman probably deserves to be in a bigger match this year, but wrestling is cruel. The Bludgeon Brothers have been off TV for most of the year so do they deserve to be on the card?

Thread Information