Thread: Should they have Sasha vs Bayley instead of Bliss vs Nia?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Should they have Sasha vs Bayley instead of Bliss vs Nia?

Is it me or does the Sasha vs Bayley feud seems like a bigger deal than Nia vs Bliss? And not only that, but this is the feud that builds the Women's Battle Royal. Of course, I think WWE creative is to blame for that. Nia seems like somebody who always comes second. They say it's better to come third, than second. She has a dominant showing at the Rumble, but didn't win. Then she pushed Asuka to her limits three time, but she didn't win. And that's the problem with Nia. There's always a but in there. And now Nia gets a championship shot and her match feels like the least important match compared to the other women's matches. I get that she can't possibly outshine Ronda or Asuka/Charlotte, but the Battle Royal feels like a bigger deal than her match.

IMO WWE creative is to blame for this. They sacrificed Nia in order to push Asuka. That alone should have put Nia in the battle royal. I don't get the logic behind "let's sacrifice Nia three times against Asuka, but then give her a title shot." And it's not like they didn't know what their plans were. Nia vs Bliss was set in stone a long time ago. So, since they knew, they could have treated this match better.

So right now, Bayley vs Sasha feels like a bigger deal and feels like a championship feud, whether Nia vs Bliss feels like a feud worthy to carrry a battle royal. They could have done the same thing. Nia's feelings get hurt. The championship isn't even the important thing in this feud.

PS: Charlotte/Asuka and Bayley/Sasha at the same card would have been epic.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bliss has been the most prominent female on the roster for the past year and Nia has been protected effectively. Both have been sacrificed, to a point, for the sake of Asuka's push but Bayley and Sasha have done nothing all year. A few weeks doesn't really change that.

Neither feuds are a big deal, but Bayley vs. Sasha should be and it isn't. May as well save it for the post-Mania slump.

I'm all for waiting until a later time for Bayley vs. Sasha to happen. Alexa Bliss has been consistently strong in her role and, in my opinion, she's earned the right to have the spotlight put on her. Bayley and Sasha Banks have had major focus placed on them but mostly through the fault of terrible creative decisions, their credibility has taken a hit. Bayley has been hit & miss, as has Sasha, but Sasha's credibility as a champion is shot...I mean both barrels straight in the face, shot. This is the really the first time in 2018 that they've felt relevant; they work extremely well together and there's a reason why they had some of the best matches in NXT's history.

Keep them in the battle royal, let their feud maybe even be the centerpiece of the battle royal, let it keep simmering, keep the build up going and then deliver with the sort of great in-ring matches they're capable of having with each other. Right now, comparatively speaking, Sasha and Bayley are small potatoes; they haven't really done much of anything all year and that's why the emphasis should be put on stuff like Lesnar vs. Reigns, Charlotte vs. Asuka, Ronda Rousey's in-ring debut, Daniel Bryan's return, etc..
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information