Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2018 Fantasy Wrestling Tournament - Introduction and The First Four Revealed!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The 2018 Fantasy Wrestling Tournament - Introduction and The First Four Revealed!

Welcome to the 2018 Fantasy Wrestling Tournament, presented by the Steel Cage Forums! This year's tournament may be a little different than you're used to. In this year's tournament, there will only be 32 wrestlers vying for the title of the greatest professional wrestler of all time. There will be no gimmicks, there will be no rules on voting. Cast your vote for the one you think is the best.

The full bracket and entrants will be revealed later, but we'll start with the First Four, the top four seeds in this year's tournament. Without further ado:

#1 "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
    #2 "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels
    #3 "The Beast" Brock Lesnar
    #4 "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan

These are the First Four overall seeds in the tournament. Use this thread to discuss the 2018 Wrestling Tournament, including discussions on seeding, who should be in, who should be out, predictions or anything you wish to discuss at all. The rest of the bracket will be revealed in the next day or two.

2. Likes jmt225, Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No rules, no gimmicks? Isn't this kinda boring? Even more so if we're voting on who we think is the greatest, isn't this going to automatically lead to Hogan, Austin or Bruno? The pevious versions were fun because you used the gimmick matches and kayfability to determine the winners. This one seems more like a shoot tournament with a predictable outcome.

Anyway, let's see how this one turns out, I'd be shocked if anybody not named Hogan or Austin actually wins.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was never able to get Sting to win one of these tournaments on WZ no matter how hard I tried (and I tried pretty damn hard for a couple of years).

However, this is Steel Cage Forums and it is now my MISSION to lead the Stinger to victory in the first wrestling tournament on this beautiful messageboard!

Stand in my way and there will be hell to pay!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    32 entrants is tight, but with the successes of Andre and Bruno, I'm much more optimistic in seeing the pre-modern names getting fair representation. That being said, I understand now that anyone that was a big name in wrestling before WWII is just too obscure to really be discussed here properly. We'll just have to see what the field actually looks like first.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    32 entrants is tight, but with the successes of Andre and Bruno, I'm much more optimistic in seeing the pre-modern names getting fair representation. That being said, I understand now that anyone that was a big name in wrestling before WWII is just too obscure to really be discussed here properly. We'll just have to see what the field actually looks like first.
    Thesz is the only pre-WWF era guy who stands a chance honestly, and even then, that took Gelgarin lobbying for him annually.

As far as the entrants go, Lesnar getting seeded over Hogan, Cena, Bruno, Rock and Thesz? Really? I'd have Lesnar in my late teens/20's most probably. HBK is also a little high for my liking, but that's a little less egregious.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    Even more so if we're voting on who we think is the greatest, isn't this going to automatically lead to Hogan, Austin or Bruno?
    I have to agree. Outside of those three, who has a legitimate argument?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People seem to ignore how dominant Brock has been, especially during his second run. He can place in anyone's top ten and be secure.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hulk Hogan will make a comeback by hulking up, then boot and legdrop his way to victory.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The thing that gets me frustrated (in a good way) is when Japanese guys are thrown in. I don't watch NJPW or AJPW. So, it's cool I guess because I get to do some research about those guys.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I have to agree. Outside of those three, who has a legitimate argument?
    I think once you start going down the list, it'll be more possible than you think.

Thread Information