Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
    Yep, and what Smith did is not.
    Well...

It's actually quite understandable. In situations of intense pressure, an individual's focus will almost always change. The greatest athletes have the ability to narrow their focus to exclude useless information but include all important and relevant information. Those with less mental strength cannot accomplish the same. Their focus may broaden significantly (for example, allowing the crowd chanting airball to completely alter their game to the point they have a terrible game and play differently than normal) or may narrow so tightly that they not only exclude useless information but also necessary information.

Most people have knowledge of Michael Jordan's big jump shot as a freshman at UNC to help lead the Tar Heels over Georgetown for the title. What people usually don't remember is that Jordan's shot went through the net with 15 second left. They forget that Georgetown brought the ball up the floor and then their PG threw the ball directly to James Worthy (who was definitely wearing a UNC jersey). That was a great example of the player's focus narrowing so greatly the PG didn't even recognize who was on his team. You can watch it here:

The same thing likely happened to Smith last night. Does it make it okay? No, he's a professional athlete on the biggest stage, he needs to be better. But it is certainly understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    However to say Lebron isnâ??t the GOAT because of his Finals record is insane.
    100% correct. And for anyone who says otherwise, please show me the last time Michael Jordan's team beat a team of four All-Stars in their prime in the NBA Finals. Hint: you can't.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not only a team of four all stars in their prime. How about a team with 2 former MVPs in their prime? Oh, also, if you count Iggy, then GS has 5 All Star players (realizing that Iggy was only an All Star once, however, he's sacrificed quite a lot since joining GS).

Forget about Hill missing the free throw which was horrible or Smith dribbling out the clock which is unforgivable. How about the reversed charge call that the refs clearly BROKE THE RULES to make? The only way that they could've reviewed that play was if they thought LeBron's feet were inside the charge circle. He was so far out of the charge cirlce that there was no doubt. Whether or not it was an actual block is irrelevant. The official call was charge and Cavs ball. They should not, under the rules of the NBA, have even been able to review the call let alone change it. Had that not of happened, the Cavs would've had the ball up 2 with 35 seconds left. Not to mention the blatantly clean strips of Durant that were called fouls. The Cavs got screwed.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Well...

It's actually quite understandable. In situations of intense pressure, an individual's focus will almost always change. The greatest athletes have the ability to narrow their focus to exclude useless information but include all important and relevant information. Those with less mental strength cannot accomplish the same. Their focus may broaden significantly (for example, allowing the crowd chanting airball to completely alter their game to the point they have a terrible game and play differently than normal) or may narrow so tightly that they not only exclude useless information but also necessary information.

Most people have knowledge of Michael Jordan's big jump shot as a freshman at UNC to help lead the Tar Heels over Georgetown for the title. What people usually don't remember is that Jordan's shot went through the net with 15 second left. They forget that Georgetown brought the ball up the floor and then their PG threw the ball directly to James Worthy (who was definitely wearing a UNC jersey). That was a great example of the player's focus narrowing so greatly the PG didn't even recognize who was on his team. You can watch it here:

The same thing likely happened to Smith last night. Does it make it okay? No, he's a professional athlete on the biggest stage, he needs to be better. But it is certainly understandable.

100% correct. And for anyone who says otherwise, please show me the last time Michael Jordan's team beat a team of four All-Stars in their prime in the NBA Finals. Hint: you can't.
    It would be understandable if he didn't have a history of doing stupid things like this.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    JR Smith is certainly a tool. You will not get any argument on that from me.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    JR Smith is certainly a tool. You will not get any argument on that from me.
    No he is not. Great player all around. Go easy on him.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 06-02-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by WZSLY View Post
    No he is not. Great player all around. Go easy on him.
    He is not a "great" player. He's a decent, but terribly inconsistent player who often makes dumb decisions.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ^ He's ok. I don't hate him, but I also do not like him.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think JR Smith has a great deal of talent but very little discipline. Well, he had a great deal of talent, I'm honestly not sure what his ceiling is anymore.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Two things I've seen this game thus far (not talking to you A11)

- LeBron makes everything look so easy. His passes are great and he makes the Warriors look like kinder gardeners with his passes.

- A ton of hand checking on the Warriors. HA! It's the NBA, right? So no calls. Curry, Green, and McGee have clearly been in a foul situation with their hand checking thus far.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Officiating had nothing to do with the Warriors victory tonight. Golden State was just the better team on the court in Game 2.

Hopefully Cleveland can make a series out of it at home, but I'm sensing the Warriors take it in 5.

Thread Information