Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    Cousins is saying he had zero offers from any other team.... so really to blame is the rest of the league.

The Lakers not going after him makes zero sense to me. Or why not Cleveland? Or a team like Toronto who's just one key piece away from being real contenders? Portland?

WTF how do all of these teams not offer a 27-year-old 4x All-Star a contract, which in turn allows him to go somewhere to help an almost unbeatable team, become unbeatable?
    I heard the same thing. Seriously, how can a 27 year old 4x All Star who averaged 25pts, 12reb, and 5ast not get any offers from other teams around the league? I understand that he is injured and I get that a lot of people don't want to deal with his attitude; but no offers. Why didn't the Lakers try to get him? That would have been perfect for LeBron. He's a much better, more physical version of Kevin Love. Washington? They're just a good big away from being in the title picture. Toronto? Just a piece away. I don't get it. Instead, he goes to GS and turns them into the Avengers? I don't blame GS. If I was the GM I would've signed him to. The GMs that passed on him, however, should be fired.

Seriously, that team better win the Finals, Superbowl, World Series, World Cup, Stanley Cup, Daytona 500, Olympics, and the WWE Championship. I mean come on.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think Cousins is trying to save face. There's no way he didn't have any offers.

4. Likes SSJPhenom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    LeBron James did not go to a championship team. He actually went to a team that missed the playoffs and brought Bosh with him.

What is happening now is completely different. You have some of the best players in the league joining the best team in the league (KD to the Warriors after the 73 win season, Cousins after the NBA championship). What James did and what is happening now is completely different. What is happening now is more like Payton and Malone joining the Lakers in the early 90s, except KD and Cousins are still in their prime.

I wouldn't say they are guilty of anything. I'm not a fan, but the Warriors aren't doing anything against the rules or ethically wrong. The Warriors job is to win championships. That's it. Blame KD and Cousins, if you want, but you cannot blame the Warriors.

This is 100% true. It was ridiculous to begin with but even more ridiculous now. The only difference is David Stern isn't the commish and the NBA isn't running the Warriors.

The Warriors only won the first title because Irving and Love were both hurt. They would not have won otherwise, I'm fairly convinced of that.
    You say it’s completely different. I say they’re just doing it better. Both groups of players created superteams. The Warriors (and by them, I really mean the players) are doing it with much more efficiency. They’re also extremely lucky that they drafted well, Curry had early career injuries and the cap skyrocketed recently. Kerr’s system is also key.

Also, something that’s all too overlooked is that the players are becoming the powerful people in the NBA now.

Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I think Cousins is trying to save face. There's no way he didn't have any offers.
    He’s a cancerous player and is coming off a major injury. It’s not that far fetched. Even teams vying for Leonard know they’re taking a risk with his health.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah, when I think about the health of Cousins, this is a bit less irritating. It's an injury many never really recover from. Combine that with him generally being a piece of shit, and I can see why he didn't receive a ton of offers.

I still see this being an odd move. If healthy, he's still an asshole and I can't see him willingly taking a backseat. If unhealthy, he doesn't mean much. The whole thing is strange.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
    Yeah, when I think about the health of Cousins, this is a bit less irritating. It's an injury many never really recover from. Combine that with him generally being a piece of shit, and I can see why he didn't receive a ton of offers.

I still see this being an odd move. If healthy, he's still an asshole and I can't see him willingly taking a backseat. If unhealthy, he doesn't mean much. The whole thing is strange.
    It can be easily win-win. Either way GS has all the leverage. He has to prove to people that heâ??s still a max player. GS has proven they can win without him. He either falls in line, or gets benched. Theyâ??re out small potatoes (for the NBA), but heâ??d be out life changing money. He plays ball, literally and figuratively, and it only helps both parties.

Come on Nick, how often do players magically get to be amazing in contract years? If heâ??s so immature he canâ??t fall in line, he deserves the losses heâ??ll take.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    You say itâ??s completely different.
    Because it is.

I say theyâ??re just doing it better.
    I say they just got REALLY lucky the one-time salary cap explosion allowed them to take on Durant.

Both groups of players created superteams.
    LeBron brought Bosh with him to create a superteam in a city who didn't make the playoffs the year before. The Warriors added Durant after winning 73 games and going to the NBA Finals.

It is not the same at all.

Again, I'm not blaming the Warriors and I don't even blame KD and Cousins. I've always said with the absurd way the media regards "legacy" anymore (in other words, championships only), I don't blame players at all for chasing rings. All I'm saying is what LeBron did in Miami and what the Warriors are doing now is much different.

Also, something thatâ??s all too overlooked is that the players are becoming the powerful people in the NBA now.
    Now THAT is something you can credit/blame LeBron for. LeBron has taken a VERY active role in wresting power from front office to the players, even in a way Jordan famously never could.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Now THAT is something you can credit/blame LeBron for. LeBron has taken a VERY active role in wresting power from front office to the players, even in a way Jordan famously never could.
    I almost stated that in my previous post, but I wanted you to feel like you got me. I know how you need to validation
    He really has turned into the master of it. Though I feel the media definitely has something to do with it. I’m glad he was smart enough not to repeat the mistakes he made the first time he changed teams. Last time he joined Cleveland, which would never be seen as a bad thing. This time, while everyone knew he was leaving, 1) he got them a championship, 2) the media was 100% the reason his free agency was as big as it was.

11. Likes Slyfox696 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Though, on that note, I know power will soon get back to the owners, because the current veterans can take solace in knowing “taking less money” to play for winners isn’t really taking less since the cap has risen so much. When the new crop gets used to that money, the leverage flips back. Then those currently new players will literally have to sacrifice money. Though, when you’re speaking in these dollar amounts, I’m sure there will be “Tom Bradys” out there. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just get rid of max deals. Its such a simple fix ffs

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Thunder traded Melo. Saves them $62M.

Thread Information