Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Going by their roster and history, they over achieved the entire season. Not saying that's a bad thing, but IMO GS just showed how big the gap is between them and teams like Portland. Honestly, this year in the west, the Rockets were really the only threat to the Warriors.

Portland did great and I'm happy for them, but in thinking they had a shot against GS, they were over achieving.
    They were overachieving because they thought they had a chance? That isn't at all overachieving. Thinking something is not overachieving. Playing against a good team is not overachieving. You are missing the meaning of the phrase.Overachieving "perform better or achieve more success than expected." They have been a consistent playoff team for years and had Lillard take the next step and they got a 3 seed and made it to the WCF. Maybe they overachieved a little compared to previous seasons, but overachieving has nothing to do with what you think you can do.

And Houston will never be a real threat to anyone in the playoffs when their entire game is based around flopping. You don't get bullshit calls for acting like a fish in the playoffs.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    They were overachieving because they thought they had a chance? That isn't at all overachieving. Thinking something is not overachieving. Playing against a good team is not overachieving. You are missing the meaning of the phrase.Overachieving "perform better or achieve more success than expected." They have been a consistent playoff team for years and had Lillard take the next step and they got a 3 seed and made it to the WCF. Maybe they overachieved a little compared to previous seasons, but overachieving has nothing to do with what you think you can do.

And Houston will never be a real threat to anyone in the playoffs when their entire game is based around flopping. You don't get bullshit calls for acting like a fish in the playoffs.
    That's what I meant, though. They over achieved compared to their last few seasons. Their roster hasn't really changed and they have to same core. So there was no reason to expect them to make the WCF or anything of that nature and yet they did. Compared to what they've done and where they've gone, they over achieved this year. IDK why that offends you so much. Over achieving isn't a bad thing.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Guess I was wrong about Toronto as they beat the brakes off of the Bucks, but that was with everyone pitching in and Leonard wasn't the sole producer. I hate to say it, but the performance that they showed last night was actually an anomaly. So far during these playoffs it's been how ever far Leonard can carry them. So if they continue to get production from the other players on the team at that rate then they have a really good shot of advancing and they could even challenge GS as the members of the Toronto team have way more playoff experience than the Bucks team does. The question is; will they continue to get production from the other players like that? Most evidence points to no. Fact remains, though, they've turned what I thought would be a 5 game series in favor of the Bucks into a contest and for that I'm thankful.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    That's what I meant, though. They over achieved compared to their last few seasons. Their roster hasn't really changed and they have to same core. So there was no reason to expect them to make the WCF or anything of that nature and yet they did. Compared to what they've done and where they've gone, they over achieved this year. IDK why that offends you so much. Over achieving isn't a bad thing.
    Yeah the West isn’t near what it used to be. More like Portland stayed the same, while everyone else regressed. Houston almost certainly would’ve schooled them if they met.

The same argument goes for the East, except in reverse. Except for Milwaukee, no team is really that much better than last year. It’s been a shit conference for over a decade now with James’s teams as the only real contenders. With him gone, it just seems more competitive.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My Bucks should've won game 3. Now it's 2-2, even a piece.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    KAWHI. LEONARD.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I honestly can't believe that Toronto won that series. I thought the Bucks' athleticism and length would have been to much for Toronto. I was wrong. One of the reasons I was wrong was what I foresaw as the Bucks biggest weakness actually happened and that was their lack of experience. That team had never made a playoff run like that and they were not equipped to handle the adversity they were bound to face when challenging the better teams. The other reason the Bucks lost was actually what I thought was going to be Toronto's problem. Nobody besides the Greek Freak stepped up. It's hard to even say that the Greek Freak stepped up because he was effectively shut down in the last three games. Because Toronto did such a great job of shutting down the paint and the Bucks don't have the best perimeter shooters, Toronto was able to prevail.

Golden State isn't going to have that problem. They might have a bad shooting night here and there, but they're not going to do it for several games in a row. It's going to come down to Khawi and his teammates. They're going to have to get some major production from others besides Khawi and Khawi is going to have to play as good as defense as he usually does and shut down one of the Splash Bros. If they could do that they actually have a pretty good shot. Also, and I know this is going to sound crazy, but if KD comes back they have an even better chance. I won't say GS is worse with KD then without but they're easier to defend when KD is on the floor because they play more ISO and the ball isn't moving as much. Khawi could definitely play that defense on KD and provided he had offensive help would give Toronto a damn good shot at winning.

We'll have to see. The only things I know for certain are this is going to be exciting, it's going to be harder for Khawi to leave now, and if GS were to win without KD you might as well all but erase his last two titles because the media and fan base are going to have a field day with him.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Way to rub it in man.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Does anyone think that the Raptors have a chance to beat t he Warriors?

They have a chance and it's actually not as one sided as everyone in the media is making it out to be. If Leonard can lock down one of the Splash Bros or Draymond, their offense will be severely compromised. Also, if the other players continue to step up, then GS will have to worry about more than just Leonard. Toronto is bigger and better down low and I think that is where they'll win this series. Not on the perimeter. Out rebound and out work the Warriors and then they have a shot. Also, if KD comes back, I'm telling you that their chances of beating GS dramatically go up. KD turns the Warriors into a primarily ISO offense and Leonard would be able to play his stellar defense on him and that would give Toronto a great chance to win.

What do you guys think??

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You flip flop your positions almost every other day.

Thread Information