Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    If they didn't it would be the biggest failure in history, barring injury.

2 undisputed Top 5 players and an arguable 3rd? They should win 3/3.
    Meh.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Has the NBA ever been truly competitive?
    I guess that's a good question and it depends on how you look at it but yeah, IMO the NBA has been competitive. It's usually only one or two, maybe even three teams at a time but yes it has been competitive. In the 80's you had LA and Boston. Not a single Finals series was played in that entire decade that didn't feature at least one of those two teams. You also had the Sixers and Pistons during that time too. 90s wasn't really competitive as Jordan's Bulls were next to unbeatable. The 2000's were very competitive however. Sure the Lakers had a Three peat at the start and then a back to back to end it but there were several other teams in the mix during that decade and it was awesome to watch. As stacked as Miami was from 10-14 they had competition and weren't a sure fire bet to win. Those first two GS runs were also very competitive as well. OKC had GS down 3-1. The first two GS Finals were split. It wasn't until KD joined that team where it became a forgone conclusion.
    Last edited by SSJPhenom; 06-30-2019 at 09:01 AM.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    KD and Kyrie about to sign with the Nets. Those two and D'Andre Jordan are gonna make them instant contenders in two years. Assuming KD can get back to KD-form.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    DeAngelo Russell to the Warriors on a max deal. This offseason man.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The big question now is where does Kawhi go.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think he stays in Toronto on a shorter deal. The Clippers weren't able to make any moves that would entice him and I don't think he signs with the Lakers knowing their financial situation would leave them little wiggle room if he got the max he deserves. The only way I can see him going to either LA team is if he just wants to be close to home and wanting to play for the Clippers, his childhood favorite team.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You guys are missing some of the smaller deals.

Al Horford to the Sixers is huge. Not to mention that they were able to retain Tobias Harris. IMO, even if Toronto retains Leonard, the Sixers are instantly the team to beat in the east. They lost Butler but really that's not that bad. There's only one ball and as Simmons, Embid, and Harris continue to develop and get better they're going to need the ball more and more. Simmons is literally a jump shot away from being a 2K My Career character. Horford gives them a front line of Harris, Horford, and Embid. Forget what they might do offensively, they'll be so good defensively that they'll be scary. The Sixers were already just a basket away from beating Toronto. So I really think he they're the team to beat in the east.

Boston lost Irving but they got Kemba Walker. He's not as good as Irving, but he's very close and a better defender. Boston also lost Horford, though and honestly he was their heart and soul. They're still going to be formidable, however.

The Bucks are just a piece away from being a powerhouse. Toronto exposed the Greek Freak and showed that he's not ready to carry a championship team quite yet, but they'll still be good.

No news on the Lakers yet but honestly, if they do get Khawi what are they going to do for the rest of the roster? Get Khawi, sign someone at the minimum from the G League or overseas just to have a starting 5 and then play those 5 for 48 min a night? Someone out there is saying, "The cap doesn't have to be adhered to. They can go over and pay the luxury tax"! That's true, but they literally have a roster of 3 players right now in Kuzma, LBJ, and AD. Add Khawi at the max and that's 4. That would mean that to get to the 10 or 12 man team they should have they'd have 6-8 players salaries over the cap that they'd be penalized for. We're talking millions of dollars that the Lakers would have pay in luxury tax. Doesn't seem worth it to me. Although, people forget that in 2010 before all was said and done and finalized with the Heat, they had a roster at one point that was comprised of only Mario Chalmers officially. Yea, D-Wade, LBJ, and Bosh had all agreed to sign but they hadn't yet. So I guess stuff can be done, however, each one of them took considerably less than the max to play together. That's not happening here.

We'll see.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good write up SSJ.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, SSJPhenom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Honestly I feel bad for Knicks fans.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    You guys are missing some of the smaller deals.

Al Horford to the Sixers is huge. Not to mention that they were able to retain Tobias Harris. IMO, even if Toronto retains Leonard, the Sixers are instantly the team to beat in the east. They lost Butler but really that's not that bad. There's only one ball and as Simmons, Embid, and Harris continue to develop and get better they're going to need the ball more and more. Simmons is literally a jump shot away from being a 2K My Career character. Horford gives them a front line of Harris, Horford, and Embid. Forget what they might do offensively, they'll be so good defensively that they'll be scary. The Sixers were already just a basket away from beating Toronto. So I really think he they're the team to beat in the east.
    Philly's going to be good no doubt, but I still don't know how much better they'll be than last year. Losing JJ and Butler is a pretty big deal, and I'm still not sold on Tobias Harris as being worth the money they're paying him. Horford's a great pick up though. They're contenders to come out of the east, but I wouldn't call them clear-cut favorites or anything.

Boston lost Irving but they got Kemba Walker. He's not as good as Irving, but he's very close and a better defender. Boston also lost Horford, though and honestly he was their heart and soul. They're still going to be formidable, however.
    Kemba might be a better fit in Boston than Kyrie. Don't forget that Boston lost Rozier too though. Kanter's a downgrade from Horford though he played great in the playoffs for Portland so he could be a surprise. If everything clicks, Boston could be in the running for top seed in the East next year.

No news on the Lakers yet but honestly, if they do get Khawi what are they going to do for the rest of the roster? Get Khawi, sign someone at the minimum from the G League or overseas just to have a starting 5 and then play those 5 for 48 min a night? Someone out there is saying, "The cap doesn't have to be adhered to. They can go over and pay the luxury tax"! That's true, but they literally have a roster of 3 players right now in Kuzma, LBJ, and AD. Add Khawi at the max and that's 4. That would mean that to get to the 10 or 12 man team they should have they'd have 6-8 players salaries over the cap that they'd be penalized for. We're talking millions of dollars that the Lakers would have pay in luxury tax. Doesn't seem worth it to me. Although, people forget that in 2010 before all was said and done and finalized with the Heat, they had a roster at one point that was comprised of only Mario Chalmers officially. Yea, D-Wade, LBJ, and Bosh had all agreed to sign but they hadn't yet. So I guess stuff can be done, however, each one of them took considerably less than the max to play together. That's not happening here.

We'll see.
    I remember hearing that if the Lakers signed Kawhi to a max, the rest of their roster (or 10 of the 11) would have to pretty much take a minimum contract. I can't see that happening. I know it's not smart to pass up an opportunity to sign a player the caliber of Leonard, but the Lakers would be better off using that money to fill out their roster and adding some depth. They already have the core pieces to make a run. They just need to surround them with decent role guys.

18. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information