Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ^That, or Toronto is WAY overrated.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He's certainly been clutch in this series. I flipped over to the end of the game and saw him hit the floater. I had to stop myself from saying "of course he did".

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    ^That, or Toronto is WAY overrated.
    It's not just against Toronto that LeBron has been ridiculously clutch, nor is this the first year.
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    He's certainly been clutch in this series. I flipped over to the end of the game and saw him hit the floater. I had to stop myself from saying "of course he did".
    The greatest of all time.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Remember when people use to foolishly claim LeBron wasn't clutch? So much for that...
    My dad isn't a LeBron hater by any means, but like all old people he prefers to think the players of his generation are better, and his knock on LeBron has always been that he's not clutch.

Looking forward to chatting with him on the phone later about the NBA playoffs.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This CLE/TOR series proves a couple of things. Lebron is the Tom Brady of the NBA, as far as aging and health. The guy is going to play at a crazy level for years. It also proves TOR is garbage in the playoffs. Consistently.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It also proves TOR is garbage in the playoffs. Consistently.
    Boom. Exactly agree.

Toronto won what 59 games in the regular season right? Home court advantage throughout the playoffs. 1st Round loses 2 games to the Wizards and are now down 3-0 in the second round. I admit, LeBron is very, very, very, good. No doubt. But no way do you bottom out both home games in game 1 and game 2.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    My dad isn't a LeBron hater by any means, but like all old people he prefers to think the players of his generation are better, and his knock on LeBron has always been that he's not clutch.

Looking forward to chatting with him on the phone later about the NBA playoffs.
    I think that's just natural as people get older, that the newer generation is never as good. But when one stops to think about that concept objectively, ESPECIALLY in sports where nutrition and strength training are unmatched at any time in world history, one can see how silly that argument is.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The east has gone from really good competitive series in the opening round to the good old days of Lebron dominating

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah it’s probably time to take back the he’s not clutch statement anymore. The thing I loved about it most was that it was a drive. I know usually he doesn’t always get an open lane but I’m glad he didn’t do a step back 3 which use to be his go to move. I thought Raptors could only win game 1 and that’s because LeBron just played 7 games so I’m really not surprised it will be a sweep. Raptors just can’t get it done in isolation and their bench, which was claimed to be the best in the NBA is legit just guys with potential. Siakam, Vanderfleet, Wright (and Powell who isn’t playing) are not game changers and are just good role players. Raptors need either a better point guard (I love Lowry but just isn’t a second option) or get some game changers off the bench. Get Lou Will back maybe or get Gerald Green for some punch and finish t off with guys that could start on the lower teams (e.g Dieng, Smart, Jaymichael Green or whatever his first name is). It’s probably too late to do that and it would be better to ride with the younger guys, but that was always their problem.

You make a good point Sly about not appreciating the newer generation as much. Was MJ pretty universally recognised as the GOAT, or were there still people saying kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt are better. I’m only mid 20s so don’t really know. Either way LeBron is the greatest of this generation and unfortunately for Kobe lovers like me, it’s not even close (well as close as many would think between the #1 and #2)

Just read a stat before though (this isn’t hating, I just find it interesting, because it’s jnot Lebrons fault). LeBron has only beaten eleven 50 win teams and has faced a team with a losing record or under .500 7 times. Compared to Kobe and Duncan who have never faced a under .500 team and Kobe has beaten a 50 win team 24 times. Something has gotta change in the East. Do you just give them a whole draft? I dunno hahaha.
    Last edited by Khalifa; 05-06-2018 at 10:16 PM.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bit early but thinking of ideal offseason moves for a couple teams here.

Cousins would actually be an awesome fit for the Raptors. He could be a main option with Derosen, Lowry now becomes a third option which would be good and they also stretch the floor a bit more. Now the only way to get it done would be a sign and trade and I doubt Boogie wants to be in Canada so very unlikely, add in the fact that do Pelicans really get rid of Cousins. However Pelicans could get some nice young pieces, like Siakam or OG, who fit a position of need and donâ??t hurt the system at all. JVal would probably have to be in the deal, nice player to have off the bench or even have Mirotic come off the bench and slide Davis back to the 4.

Boston have a lot of assets and with rozier breaking out, they could make a play for Leonard (Davis as well if a pelicans werenâ??t balling). Does a package of Rozier, Hayward and a first rounder as the main pieces suit for Leonard? Probably not, Brown or Tatum would have to be in the deal I would imagine and it would be hard to give either up. Both are straight out ballers, but if you get a healthy Leonard to add to a combination of Irving/horford and two of Tatum/Hayward/Brown then you are a serious chance to beat the Warriors.

Letâ??s do a Knickâ??s one hey. Why wouldnâ??t Boogie and Kristap dominate in New York? Probably the only other combination of big men you could pair that would send as much fear to the league. DJ Jordan could work as well, need a good point as wel for the mean time. Would IT work? Someone might bank on him to be a 20 point player again and I canâ??t think of many teams that have the point guard spot available.

If Iâ??m Paul George I seriously consider staying with OKC and seeing if they can add anymore scoring to the bench. Iâ??m not sure I want him at Lakers. Heâ??s my second favourite player in the league but it means we probably get rid of Randle and Ingramâ??s development might stall. George would have to slide to the 2. In saying that a starting lineup of London/George/Ingram/Kuzma would be sexy.

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information