Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
I'm not a Lebron hater, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit happy about the Lakers' struggles, if only because Laker fans were the most annoying, delusional fanbase this sports calendar year. And not just LA fans, the analysts were ridiculous in their expectations as well. I remember Stephen A, in typical Stephen A fashion, yelling about how "THE ONLY THING STOPPING A NEW CELTICS/LAKERS FINALS RIVALRY IS THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS! THAT'S IT, PERIOD!" I mean, I expected them to do better, and I did expect them to make the playoffs, but anybody who thought they were a good enough team to even come close to the WCF were kidding themselves.
According to my dad, who's a Lakers fan, the Lakers are getting just about every all star in the NBA. Paul George, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, etc.

Last week he was convinced they would get Anthony Davis and win the Finals THIS season. Lakers fans live in an alternate reality.

I definitely expected them to make the playoffs, but they were never a real contender.