Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Durant hate is overblown. The dude did nothing wrong. If he had ended his career with zero rings people would hold that against him, so he goes at gets rings and people bitch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Durant hate is overblown. The dude did nothing wrong. If he had ended his career with zero rings people would hold that against him, so he goes at gets rings and people bitch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    He signed with a 73-9 team that won a championship without him and beat him the previous year. There's definitely something wrong with that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    He signed with a 73-9 team that won a championship without him and beat him the previous year. There's definitely something wrong with that.
    I was unaware there were rules against signing with good teams.

4. Likes Spidey liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    I was unaware there were rules against signing with good teams.
    He can sign with anyone for any amount of money, but he and his supports have to know he's going to take heat from fans for what he did.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bosh and LeBron famously did it in 2010. Malone and Payton did it in 2004. Garnett and Allen in 07. It happens.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Bosh and LeBron famously did it in 2010. Malone and Payton did it in 2004. Garnett and Allen in 07. It happens.
    The difference is Durant was in his prime and signed with an already established superteam that beat him. I'd have no problem if Durant and 2 other All Stars sign with a new team this offseason. But joining one that already has 3 and beat you the season before? There's a difference.

Don't forget Lebron was one of the most hated athletes after he signed with the Heat. Then 4 years later he signed with the Cavaliers and won a championship, and barely anyone remembers that. Maybe everyone will forget or no longer care about Durant signing with Golden State in a few years. Time heals all wounds, but as of now he's going to be hated. And just to clarify, I'm talking solely on the court. Off the court he's had some strange moments, such as the "hardest road" comment and the burner accounts, but he mostly seems like a great guy.
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 05-17-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    My God I hate when Durant supporters throw out the, "Welp LeBron did it!!!!" It's hardly the same. The Heat were not even in the playoffs the year before LeBron and Bosh signed with them. LeBron and Bosh made the Heat a contender. Maybe even made them a super team, however, Durant made an already established super team/championship contender unbeatable. Pretty much took the competition right out of the NBA. IMO, there's a huge difference in the two situations.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So he gets hate for doing it better than them? If he were a role player no one would care. When James did it, his defenders said he can do whatever he wants. Why is it different for him?

12. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The whole basis is "The team I like didn't draft well for a few years and become an attractive spot for key free agents so I hate Durant."

Instead of recruiting guys to a big market team with cap space, Durant went to a mid market team with cap space and established stars. Like him going to fucking Salt Lake and recruiting, say, Kyrie and KAT would have been any difference in his chances of winning a ring. They hate him because he played the system within its rules. He took a lower salary, just like Boogie, to win a ring. Twenty years ago people would call them selfless and a team player for taking a lesser deal with a good team.

14. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You two misunderstood me. I don't hate Durant for what he did. I think he's actually smart as hell because in 20 years people aren't going to remember the specifics behind his championship wins; just that he won them. So his legacy is secured (Unless, of course he can't come back and play in these playoffs and GS still wins it without him. If that happens, people really will be up in arms over how stacked they really we're).

I was just pointing out the differences in LeBron's situation and Durant's. IMO, they're hardly the same. I don't hate Durant at all.

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information