Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I feel like the Golden State Warriors higher ups should apologize to both KD, the media and the general public, because they made them all look stupid. They werenâ??t very forthcoming about his injury. This caused many of them to tear into KDs toughness and commitment. Did this rush him into coming back? Heâ??ll probably say no, but really? I guess weâ??ll never know for sure, but him coming back and getting injured more severely makes everyone who questioned him look stupid.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I thought it was KD's Achilles from the start. The way he looked back when it first happened is a huge indicator. They say when you tear or rupture the Achilles you feel as if someone kicked you in the back of your leg. Also, when you look at pictures where his wrap was on his leg it was all the way down covering his ankle. He also had ice packs down around his Achilles. I thought this whole time that Kerr was just being coy saying that KD was coming back anytime now just to keep the Raptors off guard, but when they cleared him to play I thought I was wrong.

Whatever it was before, now it really is an Achilles injury and that's horrible for KD and I feel sorry for him. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone. I hope he can get better relatively quickly and I hope that this doesn't ruin the KD sweepstakes for this summer's free agency. Who knows, maybe GS forced him back early in the hopes that he would get worse so that he would stay with them this summer. I don't put anything past professional sports teams these days.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Congratulations to Toronto, but I feel bad for the Warriors. Injuries finally caught up to them.

Klay might be my favorite player in the league behind Lebron.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    To everyone criticizing Curry for not being able to win without KD and Klay, so what? KD couldn't win without the Warriors. Lebron couldn't win without Wade and Bosh and then without Kyrie and Love. It's almost like the best team wins, and the Raptors were better. Curry played great the entire series, and this shouldn't impact his legacy at all.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    the Raptors were better.
    Better than a team that was dealing with injuries plaguing their entire roster, including the best player in the league.

Unless itâ??s a Lebron James team, Iâ??m an Eastern Conference fan, so as long as they win Iâ??m usually pretty happy. But to say Toronto won this by beating the best of everyone else is beyond a joke. The record books will do them a favor.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I hate to see GS lose because of injuries but, let's be honest here, they've been beyond lucky in their championship runs the past few years. All of those deep playoff runs finally caught up with them though. Idc what anyone says, I think that KD's injury is GS's fault. They never should've played him. If they had of been up 3-1 as opposed to down, they never would've played him. I hear the analyst saying that if KD were healthy then GS would've won easily, but I'm not sure I buy that. Given the amount of production that Toronto had from their role players in this series I think Toronto still would've had a shot at winning. When GS made 20 3's in GM 5 and still only won by 1 point, that showed me that Toronto was serious. Even if Durant had have been playing, a team making 20 3's in one game is rare. With the production that Toronto was getting from everyone they would've had a chance against a healthy GS.

Congrats to Toronto, though. They deserve it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Better than a team that was dealing with injuries plaguing their entire roster, including the best player in the league.

Unless it’s a Lebron James team, I’m an Eastern Conference fan, so as long as they win I’m usually pretty happy. But to say Toronto won this by beating the best of everyone else is beyond a joke. The record books will do them a favor.
    It's the Finals, everyone's hurting. Kawhi was playing with a bum leg throughout the last two series. Don't give GS an excuse because their role players played like trash. Iggy showed in Game 6 that he was capable of high production, he just didn't play well throughout the series. That's on him, not on an injury. Draymond and Steph were healthy throughout the whole series. Klay missed a game and a quarter, but otherwise was the best Warrior on the floor. The Warriors problem was depth. When KD went down the entire bench combined, including Demarcus Cousins, couldn't equal his scoring. Their bench is a glorified G League team. That's why they lost.

And let's not act like KD's the first superstar to ever miss a series because of injury. It happens all the time. Toronto outplayed GS in all 6 games and they easily deserved to win the series. They were the better team, period.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Warriors only won in 2015 because Kyrie and Love were injured. Didn't take away their championship, but it did make you say "what if"

Same situation here. If KD was healthy, the Warriors likely win.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Two of their three best players are going to miss large chunks, if not all of next season due to leg injuries, but their role players played pretty terribly. Give it a couple years and no one will remember this. Toronto deserves to celebrate, they took the series from one of the best dynasties in modern sports.

13. Likes OYDK, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    The Warriors only won in 2015 because Kyrie and Love were injured. Didn't take away their championship, but it did make you say "what if"

Same situation here. If KD was healthy, the Warriors likely win.
    100%. I'm just saying it's a lame excuse for a team that still had 3 legit all-stars and a consistent MVP candidate on the floor. The Warriors had the talent to beat Toronto, but Toronto played better and they were much, much deeper. Don't forget, even with KD out, GS were still heavy favorites to take the series.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information