Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Can't believe nobody has posted this yet but the Spurs have trade Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeRozan and protected picks.

IMO, Toronto got better as they basically upgraded from DeRozan to a better 2 way player. I think this also ensures that the Spurs will remain competitive post Leonard because DeRozan is no bum and I think he'll get better under Pop as he has 3 years left on his contact. IMO, if Leonard doesn't try to fit in this season and give it a shot to at least compete for a title, even though he's about 99% sure to leave after the season, then Toronto will trade him to LA before the deadline to at least get some sort of compensation for losing DeRozan.

The players involved might not be happy, but I think it's a good trade on both sides. DeRozan proved this past playoffs that he is a very very good player, but he's not THAT guy. He was just awful in that series against LeBron. So Toronto lost faith in him and I can understand why. We'll see what happens this coming year, but the Eastern conference is getting better and better. We've got Boston, Philly, and Toronto that will top the East easily, but we've got up and coming teams in Indiana, Washington, and the Bucks. Don't think we can call the East the Least anymore.

As far as Melo goes, the Hawks will waive him and he will sign a mid level deal with Houston and I think ppl are sleeping on how good that will make Houston. Melo can still play and why did Houston lose in game 7 to GS besides not having CP3? Because they couldn't hit shots. Well, Melo will definitely help alleviate that issue for Houston and, as the Olympics have shown, Melo plays very very well when playing with other stars. I think it'll help put Houston closer to winning.
    Last edited by SSJPhenom; 07-19-2018 at 07:15 PM.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Can't believe nobody has posted this yet but the Spurs have trade Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeRozan and protected picks.

IMO, Toronto got better as they basically upgraded from DeRozan to a better 2 way player. I think this also ensures that the Spurs will remain competitive post Leonard because DeRozan is no bum and I think he'll get better under Pop as he has 3 years left on his contact. IMO, if Leonard doesn't try to fit in this season and give it a shot to at least compete for a title, even though he's about 99% sure to leave after the season, then Toronto will trade him to LA before the deadline to at least get some sort of compensation for losing DeRozan.

The players involved might not be happy, but I think it's a good trade on both sides. DeRozan proved this past playoffs that he is a very very good player, but he's not THAT guy. He was just awful in that series against LeBron. So Toronto lost faith in him and I can understand why. We'll see what happens this coming year, but the Eastern conference is getting better and better. We've got Boston, Philly, and Toronto that will top the East easily, but we've got up and coming teams in Indiana, Washington, and the Bucks. Don't think we can call the East the Least anymore.

As far as Melo goes, the Hawks will waive him and he will sign a mid level deal with Houston and I think ppl are sleeping on how good that will make Houston. Melo can still play and why did Houston lose in game 7 to GS besides not having CP3? Because they couldn't hit shots. Well, Melo will definitely help alleviate that issue for Houston and, as the Olympics have shown, Melo plays very very well when playing with other stars. I think it'll help put Houston closer to winning.
    I don't know that I'd consider the Wizards up and coming. John Wall has been one of, if not the best true point guards in the league for a while. Beal is a nasty man, but struggles to stay healthy. Dwight Howard just takes minutes away from a blossoming big man in Thomas Bryant, so I'm not entirely sure he's the best fit for that team. I don't see Leonard buying in at Toronto, and I'm just not sure Kyle Lowry will be happy about losing DeRozan to a guy he feels isn't giving it his all thus creating a toxic locker room. The Celtics are the only intriguing team in the entire East if you ask me, but there's only one ball and they have 4 ball dominant players; however, if there's any coach that can figure it out it's Brad Stevens.

As far as Houston getting Melo he's a bum these days tbh. He's shooting 40% from the field, and I think Houston would be better off rolling with a three-and D player or just a real nasty defending presence. Anthony is neither of those things at this point in his career. I think Golden State has this in the bag, but I also think the Lakers sign Klay Thompson and Leonard next year making them by far the best team in the West.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Toronto will start slow due to chemistry issues on court and Kawhi will pitch a fit and it will impact the whole team. He may be the better player between he and DeRozen, but DeRozen meant more to Toronto than most guys mean to their teams in the modern NBA.

As far as Melo to Houston, it is a downgrade. Melo can't play defense at an acceptable level these days and his scoring isn't up to the level of a guy who will likely be starting. If he would accept a role as a scoring option off the bench, then he would have some value, but the guys Houston lost in free agency, especially Capela, were better than what Melo and his team killing attitude will give them.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just want to say, regardless of Carmelo's faults, he is the one person in history to win 3 Olympic Gold Medals. I believe he's past his prime, but he can and should get another shot with a contending team.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Olympic accomplishments don't mean anything when it comes to who deserves an NBA shot. Christian Laettner made the Dream Team over Shaq. Melo's issue is that outside of Denver, when we was THE guy and wasn't disgruntled 24/7, he has never made a team better. Houston's current coach Mike D'Antoni was fired in New York because Melo didn't fit his offense and he later went on record as saying Melo was a pain to coach. After his attitude in OKC last year, I have zero reason to believe he has changed and will tank what slim chances Houston had to compete with GS.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Melo is a joke. Most selfish, least caring player I have ever seen. So much talent wasted. Just bring him off the bench and yank him before he takes his 37 shots in 17 minutes.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Melo will get a lot of wide open threes in Houston. He's definitely good enough not to go 0-12 in a game 7 like Trevor Ariza did lol.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Toronto will start slow due to chemistry issues on court and Kawhi will pitch a fit and it will impact the whole team. He may be the better player between he and DeRozen, but DeRozen meant more to Toronto than most guys mean to their teams in the modern NBA.

As far as Melo to Houston, it is a downgrade. Melo can't play defense at an acceptable level these days and his scoring isn't up to the level of a guy who will likely be starting. If he would accept a role as a scoring option off the bench, then he would have some value, but the guys Houston lost in free agency, especially Capela, were better than what Melo and his team killing attitude will give them.
    While Capela hasn't resigned with Houston yet, everyone is pretty sure that he will. I'll even admit that if they lose Capela then they might as well kiss any championship dreams goodbye.

If Melo does sign with Houston then I think Harden and especially CP3 can handle him. He and CP3 are pretty close so I think he'll play ball and do whatever is asked of him. I agree with JMT, he definitely won't go 0-12 in a game 7.

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Maybe not. Then again, he may go 3-24. Which is worse? They have to make sure he understands his role, which will not include free range to take 20-25 shots. Good luck, Houston.

18. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Melo can just accept that the ball is not going to be in his hands and that he's going to be primarily a catch and shoot player then I think he'll work out great for Houston. I think they'd still start him because they have nobody else to start. Hopefully he doesn't go the route of Iverson. Iverson basically had to retire at 34 because he wouldn't accept that he could no longer be the best player on a team any longer. He could've prolonged his career by 3-4 years being an explosive bench scorer ala Jamal Crawford. Hopefully Melo sees that that's the role he's going to have to play to continue being productive in the NBA.

I can understand why people doubt hell accept that role, but I think after CP3 and Harden tell him that they're the primary options and they need him to be open and ready then he'll play along. I hope he does anyways.

20. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information