Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wouldn't say the officiating had NOTHING to do with it, but I don't think it decided the game, either. In my estimation the nail was driven into the Cavs' coffin after the no-call on Steph and Klay when LeBron caught the long pass and then the refs T'd up Ty Lue for stepping on the court. The Cavs kept getting baskets but couldn't get enough stops to build up momentum, and they finally got a defensive rebound and caught LeBron way down the floor for what should have been a fast break, but the refs not only took away that opportunity from the Cavs, but they give the Warriors free throws and the ball.

I'm a huge LeBron fan, but I don't think the Cavs even take a single game this series. The Warriors got better after last year, the Cavs got worse.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If the Warriors pull out winners of the series, Klay Thompson should win MVP.

3. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    If the Warriors pull out winners of the series, Klay Thompson should win MVP.
    If LeBron has another game or two like he did in Game 1, he should win MVP.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I look at Klay as the Warriors key piece to winning and he's by far my favorite player in these Finals, but at this moment Stephen Curry is Finals MVP.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm not usually one to complain about officiating in basketball because I know how hard most of those calls are to make, however, the refs in these Finals have made it so transparent that they're calling in favor of GS that it's kind of worrying. Some of those calls were real mind blowing. Not to mention the non calls for the Cavs. I mean, in game 1, they broke the rules to give GS the ball back when they were down 2 with 36 seconds left. Not to mention the foul calls that weren't fouls. Then, in game 2, the Cavs finally get a stop, have LeBron down court for an easy basket, pass him the ball, he seemingly gets fouled by two people, yet they don't call the foul. Rather, they give Ty Lou a technical for stepping on to the court and give GS a free throw and the ball. I mean, this is ridiculous. Hopefully the calls will even out in Cleveland, but as of now, something strange is going on.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Golden State has had more fouls called on them than Cleveland and the Cavs have had more trips to the Free Throw line than the Warriors have had to this point.

I agree that game 1 had some terrible calls and maybe it being played at the Oracle had a big hand in the some of the poor judgment made by the officials in that specific game, but game 2? You can put the focus on that one "momentum changing" call all you want, but that momentum stops dead in its tracks anyway if the refs call LeBron for traveling like they should and NEVER do.

I get complaining about game 1, I get it, but game 2 absolutely not. Golden State was simply the better team that night. And the officiating overall is nowhere near as one-sided as people are making it out to be.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know that GS has had more calls against them and the Cavs have had more free throws. I know that, but the Cavs aren't getting any of the 'big calls'. The calls that are questionable are momentum changing deflating calls and some of them are plain ridiculous. Also, lol on the traveling comment. It's not just LeBron that travels, everyone does. I could let you pick any game you wanted with any teams and I will show you uncalled travels on each side. The NBA just doesn't call it on ANYONE.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's over for the Finals. After the debacle that was game 1, we seen it coming. Game 1 aside though, the Cavs have no excuse tonight. They got beat and beat by one man, Durant. I think the next highest scorer on GS had 11, so yeah. Also, Durant shot like 65% from the field tonight. So of the game plan was to let Durant go off and stop everyone else, well it was successful. Also, I don't want to hear LeBron didn't have help this game. He had 3 or 4 other players in Double figures with 20 and 13 from Love (who has been very good this series). Yep, it's all but over.

I think the next game will be LeBron's final game as a Cav. If I were him, as much as I'd love to see him with the Rockets, I'd go to Philly and continue to stay in the weaker Eastern conference (which oddly enough had more 50+ win teams then the west this year yet they're still the weaker conference). At least his toughest opponent in the East would be beatable. Although, I think if LeBron joined the Rockets as currently constructed, given how they performed this year against Golden State, it would pretty much guarantee a Rockets Final appearance. We'll just have to wait and see but this Finals is over.

People are going to say that because LeBron has lost another Finals and because he got swept (if he does) that he's out of the conversation for greatest ever but I think that's bullshit. It took LeBron's second and third best players going down in 2015 for him to lose and in spectacular fashion mind you. Then, he leads the Cavs back from a 3-1 hole in 2016 against the greatest regular season team of all time to win the championship. Then these last two years it's taken a team constructed of 4 all stars in their primes (5 if Iggy counts) and 2 former MVPs in their primes to stop him. Not to mention a little help from the refs. Jordan never faced anything close to this kind of competition in the Finals and he never had to carry his teammates the way LeBron has had to either.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Jordan also never ran away to play with some of the best players in the league because he couldn’t hack it. After this year, it’ll be 3 times now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Jordan also never ran away to play with some of the best players in the league because he couldn’t hack it.
    Jordan also had a competent front office and one of the all time great coaches. Jordan was never judged solely on championships. He also had a weak league to play in.

But make no mistake...Jordan COULDN'T hack it. Jordan couldn't beat the Celtics in their prime. He couldn't the Pistons in their prime. He couldn't hack it until his biggest foes got too old and then the East was not very good. Jordan didn't have to join force with other Hall of Famers, he had three on his team (Pippen, Rodman, P. Jackson) and he had no real competition in the East.

17. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information