Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    1. Magic and Kobe both bitched and asked for trades.
    2. Why should players be stuck with shit front offices and owners like Lebron is with Cleveland

I still just cant get over the what if we could have seen if JR Smith didnt fuck it all up
    1.) Yes, they did. However they didn't leave. Did they?

2.) He's stuck? Did he not lead Cleveland to 4 straight NBA Finals? I agree, he didn't get a lot of supporting cast, no doubt. I'd say had Irving stayed, the series would more than likely extended a few more games.

3.) We can play the "what-if" game all we want. I would not put the game 1 loss solely on J.R. Smith. Yes, he made a bone head mistake. But let's not forget that George Hill missed the second free throw attempt prior to Smith's mishap.

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    1.) Yes, they did. However they didn't leave. Did they?
    No, but their coaches and teammates got sent off.

2.) He's stuck? Did he not lead Cleveland to 4 straight NBA Finals? I agree, he didn't get a lot of supporting cast, no doubt. I'd say had Irving stayed, the series would more than likely extended a few more games.
    One thing I think people forget is that if Love and Irving hadn't gotten hurt in the first Finals matchup, there's a VERY good chance the series would be tied 2-2.

3.) We can play the "what-if" game all we want. I would not put the game 1 loss solely on J.R. Smith. Yes, he made a bone head mistake. But let's not forget that George Hill missed the second free throw attempt prior to Smith's mishap.
    If the Cavs could have won Game 1, then MAYBE it could have changed things completely. But not likely.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dwane Casey is the new coach in Detroit. Solid coach, just not sure anyone can win much with Griffin and Drummond's contracts. Hoping they can move one or both for younger talent.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know it's unlikely but I really hope KD leaves Golden State.

It'd just be a great storyline and balance things out in the league a bit.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    What? How does how far they go in the playoffs have anything to do with who the front office is? He would be stuck with Dan Gilbert and whoever he wants as GM. None of that is influenced by how far he goes in the finals.

Dan gilbert has pissed Lebron off into leaving twice. He's a terrible owner. Even this year there was a story that the Cavs were going to trade Kyrie before they did but Lebron wouldnt sign an extension there and then. But you want Lebron to just stay there because 'one team player'. All those players you mentioned as staying at one team only did because they got surrounded with talent

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Everyone, the LeBron sweepstakes might be over with. According to some sources, LeBron's eldest son has been enrolled to play basketball at a LA high school this coming school year. It's well known that LeBron owns two homes in LA and that, outside of Cleveland, he spends most of his time there. So he could be going to LA, which wouldn't be all that terrible. Besides being a team full of young talent, the Lakers also have enough cap space to outright sign two max players to their roster without having to trade away anyone or anything. Who knows, maybe it'll be LeBron and PG in LA next season surrounded by Ball, Kuzma, etc. That wouldn't be horrible and they'd be a contender right away, however, I don't think they'd win. At least not their first year. It would add another team to watch to the league though.

That's never a bad thing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Interesting!

I guess the next question is... does Paul George join him, or possibly Kevin Durant?

He's definitely not going alone.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    It would add another team to watch to the league though.

That's never a bad thing.
    As easy as it is to hate the Lakers and the Yankees, I've always said the leagues are better off with those team being contenders (not the Cowboys in the NFL though... fuck them lol).
    Last edited by jmt225; 06-13-2018 at 03:14 AM.

10. Likes SSJPhenom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't know if it matters where Lebron ends up. Golden State is still the best team. Their talent is only part of it. It's also their chemistry in that amazingly efficient offensive system.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I really just want to see durant and lebron play together, fuck it'd be great. Screw Paul George to LA with lebron. Get CP3 durant and lebron to the lakers (if it has to be LA) and then we've got some fun

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can't imagine Durant and James playing together. Durant wants to be better than Lebron, it seems like something he is borderline obsessed with.

Thread Information